Library set to open with extended hours after refurbishment
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
A library is set to reopen boasting improved facilities and longer opening hours.
The refurbished Royston Library is set to be unveiled on Wednesday 26 March after a major programme of improvements which include a dedicated area for local studies; an upgraded ICT area; a new teenage area and increased study and WiFi space.
The library has been redecorated, re-carpeted, and has new shelving and comfortable seating throughout. There will also be more space for activities and the opportunity to host events aimed at a larger audience.
Frances Button, Cabinet Member for Libraries, said: “The local library is increasingly at the heart of the community and residents of Royston will now have this much improved and multi-functional space to enjoy. I am very pleased with the improvements and new opening hours and I know my colleagues, local county councillors Fiona Hill and Tony Hunter are equally delighted.
“We would like to invite everyone to come along and see the new and improved library for themselves. Even if you are not a regular visitor to the library, why not come along and see what you have been missing.”
You may also want to watch:
The library will be open five days a week, closed on Thursday and Sunday. However, on Thursday March 27 it will open from 10am-5pm to give people an extra chance to take a look at the improvements.
- 1 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Letchworth triumph over Royston in inaugural match