Library set to open with extended hours after refurbishment
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
A library is set to reopen boasting improved facilities and longer opening hours.
The refurbished Royston Library is set to be unveiled on Wednesday 26 March after a major programme of improvements which include a dedicated area for local studies; an upgraded ICT area; a new teenage area and increased study and WiFi space.
The library has been redecorated, re-carpeted, and has new shelving and comfortable seating throughout. There will also be more space for activities and the opportunity to host events aimed at a larger audience.
Frances Button, Cabinet Member for Libraries, said: “The local library is increasingly at the heart of the community and residents of Royston will now have this much improved and multi-functional space to enjoy. I am very pleased with the improvements and new opening hours and I know my colleagues, local county councillors Fiona Hill and Tony Hunter are equally delighted.
“We would like to invite everyone to come along and see the new and improved library for themselves. Even if you are not a regular visitor to the library, why not come along and see what you have been missing.”
You may also want to watch:
The library will be open five days a week, closed on Thursday and Sunday. However, on Thursday March 27 it will open from 10am-5pm to give people an extra chance to take a look at the improvements.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people