Library campaign group appeals for residents to join fight
A CAMPAIGN group fighting to protect Royston’s library has been launched and is looking for members.
We Heart Libraries is an independent group which aims to celebrate North Herts libraries, help more people use them and defend municipal book repositories from cuts.
In time organisers hope it will develop into a formally-constituted Friends’ Group for the libraries in Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock, Royston, Knebworth and Stevenage.
Co-founder Andy Darley said: “Libraries are more than just buildings with books in them. Their combination of resources, facilities and highly-trained staff mean they can act as a hub for a whole town or district. By spreading knowledge, culture and information, a strong library network builds a strong community.”
Anyone interested in joining the group should visit its website at www.weheartlibraries.org.uk and sign up. The website includes the latest news from the campaign, and also groups that members can join including a parents’ group, a reading group and a writers’ circle.
You may also want to watch:
The group can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is also on Twitter as @whlibraries and has a new Facebook page at http:on.fb.mepXMqTt
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 6 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town