Liberal Democrats name prospective parliamentary candidate for Hertfordshire
THE Liberal Democrats have named Hugh Annand as their prospective parliamentary candidate for North East Hertfordshire. Mr Annand will stand on behalf of the party in this year s general election. The Welwyn Garden City native now resides in Tewin, and cu
THE Liberal Democrats have named Hugh Annand as their prospective parliamentary candidate for North East Hertfordshire.
Mr Annand will stand on behalf of the party in this year's general election.
The Welwyn Garden City native now resides in Tewin, and currently splits his time between Hertfordshire and Brussels, where he works as a translator for Committee of the Regions of the European Union.
The keen sportsman was in Royston recently to watch Royston Town Football Club bow out of the FA Vase at the hands of Wroxham, and also took time out to chat to local traders.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Annand will, amongst others, be up against incumbent Conservative MP Oliver Heald and Labour candidate David Kirkman in the battle for the North East herts seat.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'