Liberal Democrats name prospective parliamentary candidate for Hertfordshire
THE Liberal Democrats have named Hugh Annand as their prospective parliamentary candidate for North East Hertfordshire. Mr Annand will stand on behalf of the party in this year s general election. The Welwyn Garden City native now resides in Tewin, and cu
THE Liberal Democrats have named Hugh Annand as their prospective parliamentary candidate for North East Hertfordshire.
Mr Annand will stand on behalf of the party in this year's general election.
The Welwyn Garden City native now resides in Tewin, and currently splits his time between Hertfordshire and Brussels, where he works as a translator for Committee of the Regions of the European Union.
The keen sportsman was in Royston recently to watch Royston Town Football Club bow out of the FA Vase at the hands of Wroxham, and also took time out to chat to local traders.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Annand will, amongst others, be up against incumbent Conservative MP Oliver Heald and Labour candidate David Kirkman in the battle for the North East herts seat.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 5 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 6 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 9 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 10 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'