Let your loved ones' lights shine on
DEDICATE a Light of Life to someone you love. Every year, members of the public, including those in the Royston area, are invited to make a donation to the Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC, and dedicate a light on its Christmas tree to a loved one. T
DEDICATE a Light of Life to someone you love.
Every year, members of the public, including those in the Royston area, are invited to make a donation to the Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC, and dedicate a light on its Christmas tree to a loved one.
The scheme - called Lights of Life - provides an opportunity to remember someone special at Christmas, while helping the hospice to continue to care for patients and their families.
For each donation received, the hospice will send a personalised dedication certificate for you to keep.
You may also want to watch:
The tree will be situated in the hospice's garden and the switch-on ceremony will take place at 4pm on Sunday, December 7.
There will be a carol service, accompanied by musicians from Knights Templar School in Baldock, and members of Letchworth Town Band.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 8 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Star turns make Netflix movie Malcolm & Marie 'a real must-see'
Jenny Lupton, general manager at the hospice, said: "We were unable to invite everyone to join us for the lighting of the tree last year because of building works that were going on at the time.
"This phase of our refurbishment programme of the inpatient accommodation has now been completed and we are delighted we will be able to hold our tree-lighting ceremony again this Christmas in the hospice garden. It is always such a special event in our calendar."
To make a donation to Garden House Hospice and dedicate a light to your loved one, contact: Garden House Hospice, Gillison Close, Letchworth GC, Herts, SG6 1QU.
For more information, call the fundraising office on 01462 679540.