Let your loved ones' lights shine on
DEDICATE a Light of Life to someone you love. Every year, members of the public, including those in the Royston area, are invited to make a donation to the Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC, and dedicate a light on its Christmas tree to a loved one. T
DEDICATE a Light of Life to someone you love.
Every year, members of the public, including those in the Royston area, are invited to make a donation to the Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC, and dedicate a light on its Christmas tree to a loved one.
The scheme - called Lights of Life - provides an opportunity to remember someone special at Christmas, while helping the hospice to continue to care for patients and their families.
For each donation received, the hospice will send a personalised dedication certificate for you to keep.
The tree will be situated in the hospice's garden and the switch-on ceremony will take place at 4pm on Sunday, December 7.
There will be a carol service, accompanied by musicians from Knights Templar School in Baldock, and members of Letchworth Town Band.
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
Jenny Lupton, general manager at the hospice, said: "We were unable to invite everyone to join us for the lighting of the tree last year because of building works that were going on at the time.
"This phase of our refurbishment programme of the inpatient accommodation has now been completed and we are delighted we will be able to hold our tree-lighting ceremony again this Christmas in the hospice garden. It is always such a special event in our calendar."
To make a donation to Garden House Hospice and dedicate a light to your loved one, contact: Garden House Hospice, Gillison Close, Letchworth GC, Herts, SG6 1QU.
For more information, call the fundraising office on 01462 679540.