Let’s get quizzical! Pub team so close to glory
BRAINboxes from the Green Man in Royston have come fourth in a national pub quiz. The Greengos – Liam Smith, Ben Weekes, Andy Reno, and Stephen Willis – were one of 35 teams to make it through the national finals of the competition, which was open to 9,00
BRAINboxes from the Green Man in Royston have come fourth in a national pub quiz.
The Greengos - Liam Smith, Ben Weekes, Andy Reno, and Stephen Willis - were one of 35 teams to make it through the national finals of the competition, which was open to 9,000 pubs in the Punch chain.
They narrowly missed out on a top three finish, and the accompanying big money prizes, but still received consolation prize money which more than covered their expenses.
Team captain Liam Smith said: "It was a great day out and very well organised - we'll be back next year to try to win it."
You may also want to watch:
The contest was held in Derby, and hosted by TV sports presenter Ray Stubbs.
The Greengos were in contention throughout, performing particularly well in the music round.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Andy Hoy, landlord of the Green Man, said: "We only entered for a bit of fun and the boys really did us proud in the end.