Let’s get quizzical! Pub team so close to glory
BRAINboxes from the Green Man in Royston have come fourth in a national pub quiz. The Greengos – Liam Smith, Ben Weekes, Andy Reno, and Stephen Willis – were one of 35 teams to make it through the national finals of the competition, which was open to 9,00
BRAINboxes from the Green Man in Royston have come fourth in a national pub quiz.
The Greengos - Liam Smith, Ben Weekes, Andy Reno, and Stephen Willis - were one of 35 teams to make it through the national finals of the competition, which was open to 9,000 pubs in the Punch chain.
They narrowly missed out on a top three finish, and the accompanying big money prizes, but still received consolation prize money which more than covered their expenses.
Team captain Liam Smith said: "It was a great day out and very well organised - we'll be back next year to try to win it."
You may also want to watch:
The contest was held in Derby, and hosted by TV sports presenter Ray Stubbs.
The Greengos were in contention throughout, performing particularly well in the music round.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Andy Hoy, landlord of the Green Man, said: "We only entered for a bit of fun and the boys really did us proud in the end.