Let’s get quizzical! Pub team so close to glory
BRAINboxes from the Green Man in Royston have come fourth in a national pub quiz. The Greengos – Liam Smith, Ben Weekes, Andy Reno, and Stephen Willis – were one of 35 teams to make it through the national finals of the competition, which was open to 9,00
BRAINboxes from the Green Man in Royston have come fourth in a national pub quiz.
The Greengos - Liam Smith, Ben Weekes, Andy Reno, and Stephen Willis - were one of 35 teams to make it through the national finals of the competition, which was open to 9,000 pubs in the Punch chain.
They narrowly missed out on a top three finish, and the accompanying big money prizes, but still received consolation prize money which more than covered their expenses.
Team captain Liam Smith said: "It was a great day out and very well organised - we'll be back next year to try to win it."
The contest was held in Derby, and hosted by TV sports presenter Ray Stubbs.
The Greengos were in contention throughout, performing particularly well in the music round.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 6 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 7 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
Andy Hoy, landlord of the Green Man, said: "We only entered for a bit of fun and the boys really did us proud in the end.