Let's get in the pink
ORGANISERS of this year s charity Pink Ribbon Run/Walk are determined to raise at least £40,000. And that will mean that in the past three years the event has raised an incredible £100,000 for Cancer Research UK. We are really determined to do it, said
ORGANISERS of this year's charity Pink Ribbon Run/Walk are determined to raise at least £40,000.
And that will mean that in the past three years the event has raised an incredible £100,000 for Cancer Research UK.
"We are really determined to do it," said Michaela Huffer, one of the organisers. "It really has become an event that has captured the imagination.
"I think that's because everyone knows someone who has suffered from cancer."
You may also want to watch:
This year, too, the event on Therfield Heath on Sunday, June 22, is being supported by Royston-based Johnson Matthey, which will cover the costs of organising the day.
Mrs Huffer said she was "delighted" with the support the event will now receive.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
"It is invaluable to us, and means that every penny raised will be donated to Cancer Research UK, as the cost of organising has been completely met through this sponsorship," she said.
Last year more than 700 people entered the Pink Ribbon Run/Walk to help raise more than £30,000.
This is YOUR chance to get involved in this year's charity Pink Ribbon Run/Walk for Cancer Research UK.
The event's main sponsors will be Royston-based accountants WKH, with Johnson Matthey covering the costs of organising the day.
Other sponsors involved are The Heath Sports Centre, the Rotary Club of Royston, Curwens Solicitors, Internet Geeks, Stationery Cupboard, Wooden House Design & Media, Tesco, and Brooks Running.
This year organisers will be giving exclusive cotton pink shopping bags to all entries, and at the end of the event each person taking part will receive a Pink Ribbon T-shirt and a medal.
For further details e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org