Let's get in the pink
ORGANISERS of this year s charity Pink Ribbon Run/Walk are determined to raise at least £40,000. And that will mean that in the past three years the event has raised an incredible £100,000 for Cancer Research UK. We are really determined to do it, said
ORGANISERS of this year's charity Pink Ribbon Run/Walk are determined to raise at least £40,000.
And that will mean that in the past three years the event has raised an incredible £100,000 for Cancer Research UK.
"We are really determined to do it," said Michaela Huffer, one of the organisers. "It really has become an event that has captured the imagination.
"I think that's because everyone knows someone who has suffered from cancer."
You may also want to watch:
This year, too, the event on Therfield Heath on Sunday, June 22, is being supported by Royston-based Johnson Matthey, which will cover the costs of organising the day.
Mrs Huffer said she was "delighted" with the support the event will now receive.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
"It is invaluable to us, and means that every penny raised will be donated to Cancer Research UK, as the cost of organising has been completely met through this sponsorship," she said.
Last year more than 700 people entered the Pink Ribbon Run/Walk to help raise more than £30,000.
This is YOUR chance to get involved in this year's charity Pink Ribbon Run/Walk for Cancer Research UK.
The event's main sponsors will be Royston-based accountants WKH, with Johnson Matthey covering the costs of organising the day.
Other sponsors involved are The Heath Sports Centre, the Rotary Club of Royston, Curwens Solicitors, Internet Geeks, Stationery Cupboard, Wooden House Design & Media, Tesco, and Brooks Running.
This year organisers will be giving exclusive cotton pink shopping bags to all entries, and at the end of the event each person taking part will receive a Pink Ribbon T-shirt and a medal.
For further details e mail: email@example.com