Legg report reveals that South Cambs MP Andrew Lansley paid back more than �5,000 of expenses
SOUTH Cambridgeshire MP Andrew Lansley paid back a total of more than �5,000 of his expenses, a report revealed today. The long-awaited findings of the Sir Thomas Legg review into the parliamentary expenses system were released today, and his report recom
SOUTH Cambridgeshire MP Andrew Lansley paid back a total of more than �5,000 of his expenses, a report revealed today.
The long-awaited findings of the Sir Thomas Legg review into the parliamentary expenses system were released today, and his report recommends that 390 MPs repay a total of �1.3million claimed in dubious circumstances.
Sir Thomas labelled the system "deeply flawed".
Mr Lansley became embroiled in the expenses scandal last year, when he was accused of changing his designated second home in order to claim the cost of renovation to two properties, a process known as flipping.
You may also want to watch:
The MP said at the time that he "refuted" suggestions that he had changed his second home in order to "maximise" his allowance, but the report reveals that he has paid back �5,301.38.
Royston MP Oliver Heald has no made any repayments, and has not been asked to do by Sir Thomas.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash