Legends set to be stars of air show
THREE of the finest bomber aircraft ever built are to make a rare appearance together at the Flying Legends Air Show in Duxford next month. The B-17 Flying Fortress, which was immortalised in the 1990 film Memphis Belle, was an American bomber during the
THREE of the finest bomber aircraft ever built are to make a rare appearance together at the Flying Legends Air Show in Duxford next month.
The B-17 Flying Fortress, which was immortalised in the 1990 film Memphis Belle, was an American bomber during the Second World War and between 1942 and 1945 many of them were based in the UK.
And now, more than sixty years later, Sally B, Liberty Belle, and Pink Lady will appear together at Duxford's Imperial War Museum.
More than 65 aircraft are set to take part in the air show, which will also feature some of the world's best display pilots.
You may also want to watch:
The Flying Legends Air Show takes place at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford on Saturday, July 12 and Sunday, July 13.
Gates open at 8am and flying begins at 2pm.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Tickets cost £29.95 for adults, £24.95 for senior citizens and £9.95 for children and the disabled.
Discounted tickets are available up until July 4.
To book tickets call 01223 499 353, or visit www.iwm.org.uk/duxford.