Legends set to be stars of air show
THREE of the finest bomber aircraft ever built are to make a rare appearance together at the Flying Legends Air Show in Duxford next month. The B-17 Flying Fortress, which was immortalised in the 1990 film Memphis Belle, was an American bomber during the
THREE of the finest bomber aircraft ever built are to make a rare appearance together at the Flying Legends Air Show in Duxford next month.
The B-17 Flying Fortress, which was immortalised in the 1990 film Memphis Belle, was an American bomber during the Second World War and between 1942 and 1945 many of them were based in the UK.
And now, more than sixty years later, Sally B, Liberty Belle, and Pink Lady will appear together at Duxford's Imperial War Museum.
More than 65 aircraft are set to take part in the air show, which will also feature some of the world's best display pilots.
You may also want to watch:
The Flying Legends Air Show takes place at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford on Saturday, July 12 and Sunday, July 13.
Gates open at 8am and flying begins at 2pm.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Tickets cost £29.95 for adults, £24.95 for senior citizens and £9.95 for children and the disabled.
Discounted tickets are available up until July 4.
To book tickets call 01223 499 353, or visit www.iwm.org.uk/duxford.