Legends set to be stars of air show
THREE of the finest bomber aircraft ever built are to make a rare appearance together at the Flying Legends Air Show in Duxford next month. The B-17 Flying Fortress, which was immortalised in the 1990 film Memphis Belle, was an American bomber during the
THREE of the finest bomber aircraft ever built are to make a rare appearance together at the Flying Legends Air Show in Duxford next month.
The B-17 Flying Fortress, which was immortalised in the 1990 film Memphis Belle, was an American bomber during the Second World War and between 1942 and 1945 many of them were based in the UK.
And now, more than sixty years later, Sally B, Liberty Belle, and Pink Lady will appear together at Duxford's Imperial War Museum.
More than 65 aircraft are set to take part in the air show, which will also feature some of the world's best display pilots.
The Flying Legends Air Show takes place at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford on Saturday, July 12 and Sunday, July 13.
Gates open at 8am and flying begins at 2pm.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
Tickets cost £29.95 for adults, £24.95 for senior citizens and £9.95 for children and the disabled.
Discounted tickets are available up until July 4.
To book tickets call 01223 499 353, or visit www.iwm.org.uk/duxford.