Legends set to be stars of air show
THREE of the finest bomber aircraft ever built are to make a rare appearance together at the Flying Legends Air Show in Duxford next month. The B-17 Flying Fortress, which was immortalised in the 1990 film Memphis Belle, was an American bomber during the
THREE of the finest bomber aircraft ever built are to make a rare appearance together at the Flying Legends Air Show in Duxford next month.
The B-17 Flying Fortress, which was immortalised in the 1990 film Memphis Belle, was an American bomber during the Second World War and between 1942 and 1945 many of them were based in the UK.
And now, more than sixty years later, Sally B, Liberty Belle, and Pink Lady will appear together at Duxford's Imperial War Museum.
More than 65 aircraft are set to take part in the air show, which will also feature some of the world's best display pilots.
The Flying Legends Air Show takes place at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford on Saturday, July 12 and Sunday, July 13.
Gates open at 8am and flying begins at 2pm.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
Tickets cost £29.95 for adults, £24.95 for senior citizens and £9.95 for children and the disabled.
Discounted tickets are available up until July 4.
To book tickets call 01223 499 353, or visit www.iwm.org.uk/duxford.