League upholds title decision
THE DECISION to strip Buntingford Town FC of the Herts Senior County League title was upheld at a meeting on Wednesday night. The Herts Senior County League (HSCL) management committee confirmed at the meeting that it would maintain the charges against Bu
THE DECISION to strip Buntingford Town FC of the Herts Senior County League title was upheld at a meeting on Wednesday night.
The Herts Senior County League (HSCL) management committee confirmed at the meeting that it would maintain the charges against Buntingford under FA rules.
Buntingford were docked six points after an investigation revealed they had fielded an ineligible player in two league games last season. The loss of these points meant Whitewebbs, who finished second, were awarded the title.
Buntingford FC chairman Richard Daly said: "The club maintain complete confidence that no one at the club knowingly broke any rules."
You may also want to watch:
He said the league and the FA had dealt with the matter "efficiently".
"Unfortunately the whole issue highlights the difficulty that so many football clubs often have with the limited voluntary resources available within their committees to ensure that administratively they are always compliant to every minute detail of their leagues, their county association and the FA's rules," he concluded
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks