League upholds title decision
THE DECISION to strip Buntingford Town FC of the Herts Senior County League title was upheld at a meeting on Wednesday night. The Herts Senior County League (HSCL) management committee confirmed at the meeting that it would maintain the charges against Bu
THE DECISION to strip Buntingford Town FC of the Herts Senior County League title was upheld at a meeting on Wednesday night.
The Herts Senior County League (HSCL) management committee confirmed at the meeting that it would maintain the charges against Buntingford under FA rules.
Buntingford were docked six points after an investigation revealed they had fielded an ineligible player in two league games last season. The loss of these points meant Whitewebbs, who finished second, were awarded the title.
Buntingford FC chairman Richard Daly said: "The club maintain complete confidence that no one at the club knowingly broke any rules."
You may also want to watch:
He said the league and the FA had dealt with the matter "efficiently".
"Unfortunately the whole issue highlights the difficulty that so many football clubs often have with the limited voluntary resources available within their committees to ensure that administratively they are always compliant to every minute detail of their leagues, their county association and the FA's rules," he concluded
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM