Lead thieves target vacant social club
LEAD thieves have targeted a vacant social club which is planned to be converted into a budget pub.
Burglars made off with �200s worth of the metal after gaining entry to The Manor House Club, on Melbourn Street, which could become a J D Wetherspoon.
It was broken into between 1pm on Friday and 11.30am on Sunday.
Royston safer neighbourhood sergeant Jon Vine said: “We are looking for any unusual people acting suspiciously around the rear of the Manor house Club.
“We will be actively patrolling in the area and we will work closely with the owners of the premises to secure it prior to its redevelopment.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to call Hertfordshire Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 7 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'