Lead thieves target vacant social club
LEAD thieves have targeted a vacant social club which is planned to be converted into a budget pub.
Burglars made off with �200s worth of the metal after gaining entry to The Manor House Club, on Melbourn Street, which could become a J D Wetherspoon.
It was broken into between 1pm on Friday and 11.30am on Sunday.
Royston safer neighbourhood sergeant Jon Vine said: “We are looking for any unusual people acting suspiciously around the rear of the Manor house Club.
“We will be actively patrolling in the area and we will work closely with the owners of the premises to secure it prior to its redevelopment.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to call Hertfordshire Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 8 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 9 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week