Lead thieves target vacant social club
LEAD thieves have targeted a vacant social club which is planned to be converted into a budget pub.
Burglars made off with �200s worth of the metal after gaining entry to The Manor House Club, on Melbourn Street, which could become a J D Wetherspoon.
It was broken into between 1pm on Friday and 11.30am on Sunday.
Royston safer neighbourhood sergeant Jon Vine said: “We are looking for any unusual people acting suspiciously around the rear of the Manor house Club.
“We will be actively patrolling in the area and we will work closely with the owners of the premises to secure it prior to its redevelopment.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to call Hertfordshire Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online