Lead thieves target vacant social club
LEAD thieves have targeted a vacant social club which is planned to be converted into a budget pub.
Burglars made off with �200s worth of the metal after gaining entry to The Manor House Club, on Melbourn Street, which could become a J D Wetherspoon.
It was broken into between 1pm on Friday and 11.30am on Sunday.
Royston safer neighbourhood sergeant Jon Vine said: “We are looking for any unusual people acting suspiciously around the rear of the Manor house Club.
“We will be actively patrolling in the area and we will work closely with the owners of the premises to secure it prior to its redevelopment.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to call Hertfordshire Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?