Lead stolen from Kelshall church roof
- Credit: Archant
A thief was caught on CCTV stealing from the roof of the Church of St Faith in Kelshall.
Police were called to St Faith at 11.54pm on Tuesday, June 18 after a security camera caught a man removing lead from the roof.
The man left the scene shortly after realising he was being recorded on CCTV.
PCSO Christopher Brabrook, from the Royston and Royston Rural Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "Thankfully, the roof on Church of St Faith is protected by security cameras which stopped the suspect from removing even more lead.
"If anyone has any information that may help our ongoing investigation, please don't hesitate to get in contact."
You may also want to watch:
On two occasions this month, lead was also stolen from the roof of St Mary's Church in Whaddon.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PCSO Brabrook via email at email@example.com, or to report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
You can also speak to an operator in the Force Communications Room via the online web chat, which can be launched here: herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/55706/19.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre