Lauren’s got Palace visit down to to a tea!
TEA will be on the menu for a teenager from Bassingbourn when she visits Buckingham Palace in June. Lauren Buchan, 13, of the High Street, was chosen as one of 1,000 children from across the country to celebrate the Queen s 80th birthday on June 25 at a s
TEA will be on the menu for a teenager from Bassingbourn when she visits Buckingham Palace in June.
Lauren Buchan, 13, of the High Street, was chosen as one of 1,000 children from across the country to celebrate the Queen's 80th birthday on June 25 at a special tea party.
She will be joining nine-year-old Lucy Vines, of Bassingbourn, who was featured in last week's Crow.
Lauren's mum Sam said: "I couldn't believe it when we got the letter to say she'd been chosen.
You may also want to watch:
"I just applied on the CBBC website on the off-chance and I was more shocked than anything."
Lauren, who attends Greneway School in Royston, has chosen to take her mum and a friend with her to the event.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
"It's a one-off occasion and nice to know that people from this area are getting chosen, too," Sam added.