Lauren’s got Palace visit down to to a tea!
TEA will be on the menu for a teenager from Bassingbourn when she visits Buckingham Palace in June. Lauren Buchan, 13, of the High Street, was chosen as one of 1,000 children from across the country to celebrate the Queen s 80th birthday on June 25 at a s
TEA will be on the menu for a teenager from Bassingbourn when she visits Buckingham Palace in June.
Lauren Buchan, 13, of the High Street, was chosen as one of 1,000 children from across the country to celebrate the Queen's 80th birthday on June 25 at a special tea party.
She will be joining nine-year-old Lucy Vines, of Bassingbourn, who was featured in last week's Crow.
Lauren's mum Sam said: "I couldn't believe it when we got the letter to say she'd been chosen.
You may also want to watch:
"I just applied on the CBBC website on the off-chance and I was more shocked than anything."
Lauren, who attends Greneway School in Royston, has chosen to take her mum and a friend with her to the event.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"It's a one-off occasion and nice to know that people from this area are getting chosen, too," Sam added.