Launch of cross channel project at Melbourn college
- Credit: Archant
VIOLINIST Marie-Luce Gillet joined Euro MP Richard Howitt to launch a new cross-channel project at a village college.
Melbourn Village College is one of 13 partners in the A Common Territory (ACT) project, a €5million cross-border collaboration between leading arts and education partners from France and England funded by the European Regional Development Fund
Richard Howitt, MEP for the Eastern Region said: “This arts and community project can only enrich the lives of students.
“Melbourn Village College is to be congratulated on being accepted into this project.”
The project will offer students a range of opportunities, including master classes from the Orchestre de Picardie, of which Miss Gillet is a member, as well as exchange visits and multi-disciplinary performances.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the scheme, students will visit sites of remembrance in northern France for the centenary of World War I next year.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy