Launch of cross channel project at Melbourn college
- Credit: Archant
VIOLINIST Marie-Luce Gillet joined Euro MP Richard Howitt to launch a new cross-channel project at a village college.
Melbourn Village College is one of 13 partners in the A Common Territory (ACT) project, a €5million cross-border collaboration between leading arts and education partners from France and England funded by the European Regional Development Fund
Richard Howitt, MEP for the Eastern Region said: “This arts and community project can only enrich the lives of students.
“Melbourn Village College is to be congratulated on being accepted into this project.”
The project will offer students a range of opportunities, including master classes from the Orchestre de Picardie, of which Miss Gillet is a member, as well as exchange visits and multi-disciplinary performances.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the scheme, students will visit sites of remembrance in northern France for the centenary of World War I next year.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity