Launch of cross channel project at Melbourn college
- Credit: Archant
VIOLINIST Marie-Luce Gillet joined Euro MP Richard Howitt to launch a new cross-channel project at a village college.
Melbourn Village College is one of 13 partners in the A Common Territory (ACT) project, a €5million cross-border collaboration between leading arts and education partners from France and England funded by the European Regional Development Fund
Richard Howitt, MEP for the Eastern Region said: “This arts and community project can only enrich the lives of students.
“Melbourn Village College is to be congratulated on being accepted into this project.”
The project will offer students a range of opportunities, including master classes from the Orchestre de Picardie, of which Miss Gillet is a member, as well as exchange visits and multi-disciplinary performances.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the scheme, students will visit sites of remembrance in northern France for the centenary of World War I next year.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 5 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 10 Photographic Society plans new ventures as lockdown eases