Launch of cross channel project at Melbourn college
- Credit: Archant
VIOLINIST Marie-Luce Gillet joined Euro MP Richard Howitt to launch a new cross-channel project at a village college.
Melbourn Village College is one of 13 partners in the A Common Territory (ACT) project, a €5million cross-border collaboration between leading arts and education partners from France and England funded by the European Regional Development Fund
Richard Howitt, MEP for the Eastern Region said: “This arts and community project can only enrich the lives of students.
“Melbourn Village College is to be congratulated on being accepted into this project.”
The project will offer students a range of opportunities, including master classes from the Orchestre de Picardie, of which Miss Gillet is a member, as well as exchange visits and multi-disciplinary performances.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the scheme, students will visit sites of remembrance in northern France for the centenary of World War I next year.
- 1 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre