Last chance to have your say on cutting the speed limit in Melbourn to 20mph
CONSULTATION on plans to reduce the speed limit in Melbourn to 20mph closes next week. Residents wishing to have their say on the proposals must do so before the consultation formally ends on Monday. As revealed in The Crow last month, Melbourn is one of
CONSULTATION on plans to reduce the speed limit in Melbourn to 20mph closes next week.
Residents wishing to have their say on the proposals must do so before the consultation formally ends on Monday.
As revealed in The Crow last month, Melbourn is one of six areas across Cambridgeshire to be put forward for the trial scheme, which has been successful in other parts of the country.
The plans have the backing of Melbourn parish council, and the village's county councillor, Susan van de Ven, who said: "Slower traffic will bring many benefits. At a time of financial shortage and restraint, it seems to me a stroke of luck that an opportunity such as this should present itself."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to comment can do so by logging on to www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/projects/south/20mphmelbourn/, or by calling the county council highways department on 0345 045 5200.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid