Last chance to have your say on cutting the speed limit in Melbourn to 20mph
CONSULTATION on plans to reduce the speed limit in Melbourn to 20mph closes next week. Residents wishing to have their say on the proposals must do so before the consultation formally ends on Monday. As revealed in The Crow last month, Melbourn is one of
CONSULTATION on plans to reduce the speed limit in Melbourn to 20mph closes next week.
Residents wishing to have their say on the proposals must do so before the consultation formally ends on Monday.
As revealed in The Crow last month, Melbourn is one of six areas across Cambridgeshire to be put forward for the trial scheme, which has been successful in other parts of the country.
The plans have the backing of Melbourn parish council, and the village's county councillor, Susan van de Ven, who said: "Slower traffic will bring many benefits. At a time of financial shortage and restraint, it seems to me a stroke of luck that an opportunity such as this should present itself."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to comment can do so by logging on to www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/projects/south/20mphmelbourn/, or by calling the county council highways department on 0345 045 5200.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Dial M for an interesting look at the macabre