Last chance to have your say on cutting the speed limit in Melbourn to 20mph
CONSULTATION on plans to reduce the speed limit in Melbourn to 20mph closes next week. Residents wishing to have their say on the proposals must do so before the consultation formally ends on Monday. As revealed in The Crow last month, Melbourn is one of
CONSULTATION on plans to reduce the speed limit in Melbourn to 20mph closes next week.
Residents wishing to have their say on the proposals must do so before the consultation formally ends on Monday.
As revealed in The Crow last month, Melbourn is one of six areas across Cambridgeshire to be put forward for the trial scheme, which has been successful in other parts of the country.
The plans have the backing of Melbourn parish council, and the village's county councillor, Susan van de Ven, who said: "Slower traffic will bring many benefits. At a time of financial shortage and restraint, it seems to me a stroke of luck that an opportunity such as this should present itself."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to comment can do so by logging on to www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/projects/south/20mphmelbourn/, or by calling the county council highways department on 0345 045 5200.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation