Large shed fire spreads to houses in Bassingbourn
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a shed fire in Bassingbourn which spread to the rear of four houses.
A barbecue fire spread to multiple sheds in Clarkes Way yesterday, with the fire service called at 5.02pm.
Five crews attended from Gamlingay, Royston and Cambridge, including the south roaming fire engine.
The fire had spread from the sheds to the back of four houses, and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two jets and two hose reels to extinguish the flames.
They did not return to the station until 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Station commander Danny Kelly investigated the cause of the fire and found it to be an accident.
He said: "The crews did a fantastic job responding to this incident. The conditions were particularly challenging.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
"If it wasn't for the quick thinking and hard work of the firefighters, it could have been a very different outcome."