Lane closures lifted after A505 Royston bypass roadworks cause delays for motorists
- Credit: Archant
Lane closures on the A505 Royston bypass which caused delays for motorists at the weekend have now been lifted.
The lane closures at the Royston bypass, between the roundabouts for Old North Road and the A10, were in place while work was carried out on behalf of Herts County Council.
A county council spokeswoman said: “The A505 Royston bypass was surface dressed on Saturday, with 24-hour lane closures in place for motorists’ safety due to a potential skid risk.
“The lane closures were lifted on Monday at 2.30pm. Advanced warning boards were in place two weeks before the work commenced and advertised on roadworks.org.
“We’d like to thank everyone for their patience whilst the roadworks are taking place.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman said that contractors will return on June 12 – weather permitting – for lining and aftercare works to take place during the night.
One motorist told the Crow: “I completely understand the need for roads to be resurfaced, but it’s frustrating to queue for long stretches and not see a single person working.”
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims