Lane closures lifted after A505 Royston bypass roadworks cause delays for motorists
- Credit: Archant
Lane closures on the A505 Royston bypass which caused delays for motorists at the weekend have now been lifted.
The lane closures at the Royston bypass, between the roundabouts for Old North Road and the A10, were in place while work was carried out on behalf of Herts County Council.
A county council spokeswoman said: “The A505 Royston bypass was surface dressed on Saturday, with 24-hour lane closures in place for motorists’ safety due to a potential skid risk.
“The lane closures were lifted on Monday at 2.30pm. Advanced warning boards were in place two weeks before the work commenced and advertised on roadworks.org.
“We’d like to thank everyone for their patience whilst the roadworks are taking place.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman said that contractors will return on June 12 – weather permitting – for lining and aftercare works to take place during the night.
One motorist told the Crow: “I completely understand the need for roads to be resurfaced, but it’s frustrating to queue for long stretches and not see a single person working.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance