Landlord plans re-opening pub as soon as possible’
OWNERS of the Fox and Hounds pub in Barley hope to re-open as soon as possible after a fire. The fire started in a chimney and caused substantial damage to the bar area. Pub landlord Aaron Clayton said: We have an ingle-nook fire place, and the fire-figh
OWNERS of the Fox and Hounds pub in Barley hope to re-open as soon as possible after a fire.
The fire started in a chimney and caused substantial damage to the bar area.
Pub landlord Aaron Clayton said: "We have an ingle-nook fire place, and the fire-fighters told us that the fire was caused by ash dropping through on to the floor.
"It's gutted the front bar, but fortunately, most of the damage has been restricted to that area. We will have to be closed for some time."
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were called just before 6am on Sunday.
The fire was out by 7.37am, but crews remained until 1.30pm to dampen down.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
No one was injured in the incident.
"A lot of local residents have been supportive, and we don't want them to be without their village pub for too long," said Mr Clayton.