Landlord plans re-opening pub as soon as possible’
OWNERS of the Fox and Hounds pub in Barley hope to re-open as soon as possible after a fire. The fire started in a chimney and caused substantial damage to the bar area. Pub landlord Aaron Clayton said: We have an ingle-nook fire place, and the fire-figh
OWNERS of the Fox and Hounds pub in Barley hope to re-open as soon as possible after a fire.
The fire started in a chimney and caused substantial damage to the bar area.
Pub landlord Aaron Clayton said: "We have an ingle-nook fire place, and the fire-fighters told us that the fire was caused by ash dropping through on to the floor.
"It's gutted the front bar, but fortunately, most of the damage has been restricted to that area. We will have to be closed for some time."
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were called just before 6am on Sunday.
The fire was out by 7.37am, but crews remained until 1.30pm to dampen down.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
No one was injured in the incident.
"A lot of local residents have been supportive, and we don't want them to be without their village pub for too long," said Mr Clayton.