Lambing time at Wimpole
SOME woolly new arrivals will be keeping staff at Wimpole Home Farm busy this spring. Lambing season is upon us once more, with more than 400 new lambs expected to be born at the farm in the coming weeks. Richard Morris, manager of the farm, said: This i
SOME woolly new arrivals will be keeping staff at Wimpole Home Farm busy this spring.
Lambing season is upon us once more, with more than 400 new lambs expected to be born at the farm in the coming weeks.
Richard Morris, manager of the farm, said: "This is a very busy but very rewarding time of year for us at Home Farm and we do enjoy sharing this great time of year with our visitors.
"We cannot promise that all visitors will see a ewe giving birth, but for those that do they will remember that lamb's first moments and their efforts to wobble on to their feet."
You may also want to watch:
Most of the 300 ewes on the farm will be having lambs. There are nine different types altogether, including rare breed Portlands, Manx Logthan, Hebridean, Soays, and Norfolk Horns.
Piglets, goat kids, chicks, and calves, are also likely to be born over the next couple of weeks.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
Wimpole Home Farm is open daily from March 21-25, March 28-April 1, and April 4-8, from 10.30am- 5pm.
Entry to the farm costs �7.30 for adults and �4.95 for children three and over, with discounts for National Trust members.