Lambing time at Wimpole
SOME woolly new arrivals will be keeping staff at Wimpole Home Farm busy this spring. Lambing season is upon us once more, with more than 400 new lambs expected to be born at the farm in the coming weeks. Richard Morris, manager of the farm, said: This i
SOME woolly new arrivals will be keeping staff at Wimpole Home Farm busy this spring.
Lambing season is upon us once more, with more than 400 new lambs expected to be born at the farm in the coming weeks.
Richard Morris, manager of the farm, said: "This is a very busy but very rewarding time of year for us at Home Farm and we do enjoy sharing this great time of year with our visitors.
"We cannot promise that all visitors will see a ewe giving birth, but for those that do they will remember that lamb's first moments and their efforts to wobble on to their feet."
You may also want to watch:
Most of the 300 ewes on the farm will be having lambs. There are nine different types altogether, including rare breed Portlands, Manx Logthan, Hebridean, Soays, and Norfolk Horns.
Piglets, goat kids, chicks, and calves, are also likely to be born over the next couple of weeks.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
Wimpole Home Farm is open daily from March 21-25, March 28-April 1, and April 4-8, from 10.30am- 5pm.
Entry to the farm costs �7.30 for adults and �4.95 for children three and over, with discounts for National Trust members.