Labour announce new parliamentary candidate for North East Herts
A NEW prospective parliamentary candidate for Crow Country has been selected by the Labour Party. David Kirkman was chosen as candidate for the North East Herts constituency at a meeting of party members last weekend. He said: I know we have a hard battl
A NEW prospective parliamentary candidate for Crow Country has been selected by the Labour Party.
David Kirkman was chosen as candidate for the North East Herts constituency at a meeting of party members last weekend.
He said: "I know we have a hard battle on our hands, but I mean to fight on all issues in securing votes for the Labour Party in the constituency.
"The General Election is not just about the future of the Labour Party - but the future of the country."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Kirkman's experience in the Labour Party includes being youth officer in Basildon and secretary to the Essex County Labour Party.
The 25-year old said: "We have to engage with people right across our communities and this is what I will be doing during our General Election campaign.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 9 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 10 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event
"Being in Westminster as an MP is not about becoming a member of an exclusive club, it's about helping people and producing policies which will see an improvement in our society," he said.