Labour announce new parliamentary candidate for North East Herts
A NEW prospective parliamentary candidate for Crow Country has been selected by the Labour Party. David Kirkman was chosen as candidate for the North East Herts constituency at a meeting of party members last weekend. He said: I know we have a hard battl
A NEW prospective parliamentary candidate for Crow Country has been selected by the Labour Party.
David Kirkman was chosen as candidate for the North East Herts constituency at a meeting of party members last weekend.
He said: "I know we have a hard battle on our hands, but I mean to fight on all issues in securing votes for the Labour Party in the constituency.
"The General Election is not just about the future of the Labour Party - but the future of the country."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Kirkman's experience in the Labour Party includes being youth officer in Basildon and secretary to the Essex County Labour Party.
The 25-year old said: "We have to engage with people right across our communities and this is what I will be doing during our General Election campaign.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 6 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 7 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
"Being in Westminster as an MP is not about becoming a member of an exclusive club, it's about helping people and producing policies which will see an improvement in our society," he said.