Labour announce new parliamentary candidate for North East Herts
A NEW prospective parliamentary candidate for Crow Country has been selected by the Labour Party. David Kirkman was chosen as candidate for the North East Herts constituency at a meeting of party members last weekend. He said: I know we have a hard battl
A NEW prospective parliamentary candidate for Crow Country has been selected by the Labour Party.
David Kirkman was chosen as candidate for the North East Herts constituency at a meeting of party members last weekend.
He said: "I know we have a hard battle on our hands, but I mean to fight on all issues in securing votes for the Labour Party in the constituency.
"The General Election is not just about the future of the Labour Party - but the future of the country."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Kirkman's experience in the Labour Party includes being youth officer in Basildon and secretary to the Essex County Labour Party.
The 25-year old said: "We have to engage with people right across our communities and this is what I will be doing during our General Election campaign.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
"Being in Westminster as an MP is not about becoming a member of an exclusive club, it's about helping people and producing policies which will see an improvement in our society," he said.