Knights square up to Sawbridgeworth and come away with draw
Baldock Knights 2 Sawbridgworth Juniors Blues 2 Under-13s Division Three THIS match was Baldock Knights first home game of the season and the first at the new venue of Knights Templar School. The game began with Sawbridgeworth making the early and more
Baldock Knights 2 Sawbridgworth Juniors Blues 2
Under-13s Division Three
THIS match was Baldock Knights' first home game of the season and the first at the new venue of Knights Templar School.
The game began with Sawbridgeworth making the early and more threatening advances toward goal but the final finish did not reward their early pressure.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock finally got there passing game together and the rest of the half was a fairly even affair with both sides having opportunities to open the scoring but failing to do so.
The second half started with Baldock having much of the possession and they created half a dozen chances to open the scoring but it was their opponents who finally broke the deadlock with a break-away goal.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
A second break-away goal soon followed but this only seemed to inspire Baldock to up their work rate and this was eventually rewarded with a goal 15 minutes from the end to set up a nervous last quarter of an hour.
Chances came at both ends but some future training on finishing seems to be on the cards for both teams.
However, Baldock were rewarded for not letting their heads drop when the equaliser came with six minutes remaining.
Neither side could find the winner and a fair draw was the result.