Knights square up to Sawbridgeworth and come away with draw
Baldock Knights 2 Sawbridgworth Juniors Blues 2 Under-13s Division Three THIS match was Baldock Knights first home game of the season and the first at the new venue of Knights Templar School. The game began with Sawbridgeworth making the early and more
Baldock Knights 2 Sawbridgworth Juniors Blues 2
Under-13s Division Three
THIS match was Baldock Knights' first home game of the season and the first at the new venue of Knights Templar School.
The game began with Sawbridgeworth making the early and more threatening advances toward goal but the final finish did not reward their early pressure.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock finally got there passing game together and the rest of the half was a fairly even affair with both sides having opportunities to open the scoring but failing to do so.
The second half started with Baldock having much of the possession and they created half a dozen chances to open the scoring but it was their opponents who finally broke the deadlock with a break-away goal.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 5 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 6 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 9 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 10 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
A second break-away goal soon followed but this only seemed to inspire Baldock to up their work rate and this was eventually rewarded with a goal 15 minutes from the end to set up a nervous last quarter of an hour.
Chances came at both ends but some future training on finishing seems to be on the cards for both teams.
However, Baldock were rewarded for not letting their heads drop when the equaliser came with six minutes remaining.
Neither side could find the winner and a fair draw was the result.