Knights square up to Sawbridgeworth and come away with draw
Baldock Knights 2 Sawbridgworth Juniors Blues 2 Under-13s Division Three THIS match was Baldock Knights first home game of the season and the first at the new venue of Knights Templar School. The game began with Sawbridgeworth making the early and more
Baldock Knights 2 Sawbridgworth Juniors Blues 2
Under-13s Division Three
THIS match was Baldock Knights' first home game of the season and the first at the new venue of Knights Templar School.
The game began with Sawbridgeworth making the early and more threatening advances toward goal but the final finish did not reward their early pressure.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock finally got there passing game together and the rest of the half was a fairly even affair with both sides having opportunities to open the scoring but failing to do so.
The second half started with Baldock having much of the possession and they created half a dozen chances to open the scoring but it was their opponents who finally broke the deadlock with a break-away goal.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
A second break-away goal soon followed but this only seemed to inspire Baldock to up their work rate and this was eventually rewarded with a goal 15 minutes from the end to set up a nervous last quarter of an hour.
Chances came at both ends but some future training on finishing seems to be on the cards for both teams.
However, Baldock were rewarded for not letting their heads drop when the equaliser came with six minutes remaining.
Neither side could find the winner and a fair draw was the result.