‘Vulnerable’ man missing from Kneesworth hospital
- Credit: Archant
A 66-year-old man is missing from Kneesworth House Hospital, having last been seen at Royston’s Tesco Extra store yesterday afternoon.
Peter Atkins was reported missing by members of staff at the hospital off Kneesworth's Old North Road at 4.15pm yesterday, and police are growing increasingly concerned for his welfare.
He is described as white and of stocky build, with short grey hair. He was wearing black trainers, blue jeans and a white or black T-shirt.
Det Insp Dave Savill said: "Concerns were reported to us when Peter failed to return back to the hospital at 3.45pm yesterday.
"He was seen withdrawing cash at Royston Tesco at 2.10pm and is believed to have then travelled by bus into Royston town centre.
You may also want to watch:
"We would urge members of the public to be vigilant and if they think they see him, not to approach him but to call 999."
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting incident 303 of August 1.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show