Kids get crafty at Royston fun day organised by Reed baby and toddler group
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 children and grown-ups flocked to Royston Town Hall on Saturday for Jack and Jill’s Baby and Toddler Group’s children’s event.
The day – organised by Laura Bluer from the group based at Reed Village Hall in Blacksmiths Lane – featured face painting, messy play and craft activities, and there were more than 15 stalls selling children’s clothes and toys.
Children went away with a balloon and the first 50 families through the door were given a goody bag.
Cakes were donated by Tesco Royston and the very popular choccie tombola stall was kindly sponsored by Premier Travel Royston.
“I was happy to see so many families attend our event and the children looked like they had a lot of fun with the playdough and making crafts,” said Laura, who also had her mum Val, her sister Martynne, and Brother Damian all helping out.
You may also want to watch:
“The event raised more than £100 for the stillbirth charity Sands which is very close to my heart.
“I want to say a big thank you to everyone involved.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
For information on future events, you can contact Laura on 07903 654480.