Kids get crafty at Royston fun day organised by Reed baby and toddler group
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 children and grown-ups flocked to Royston Town Hall on Saturday for Jack and Jill’s Baby and Toddler Group’s children’s event.
The day – organised by Laura Bluer from the group based at Reed Village Hall in Blacksmiths Lane – featured face painting, messy play and craft activities, and there were more than 15 stalls selling children’s clothes and toys.
Children went away with a balloon and the first 50 families through the door were given a goody bag.
Cakes were donated by Tesco Royston and the very popular choccie tombola stall was kindly sponsored by Premier Travel Royston.
“I was happy to see so many families attend our event and the children looked like they had a lot of fun with the playdough and making crafts,” said Laura, who also had her mum Val, her sister Martynne, and Brother Damian all helping out.
You may also want to watch:
“The event raised more than £100 for the stillbirth charity Sands which is very close to my heart.
“I want to say a big thank you to everyone involved.”
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 4 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 5 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
For information on future events, you can contact Laura on 07903 654480.