Kenyan Bishop Joins Parade
A KENYAN bishop has been visiting Crow country this week. Bishop Isaac Ngang a and his wife, Annie, have been staying in Meldreth in the run up to Easter. They took part in a Palm Sunday procession last Sunday, and Bishop Ngang a will be preaching at H
A KENYAN bishop has been visiting Crow country this week.
Bishop Isaac Ngang'a and his wife, Annie, have been staying in Meldreth in the run up to Easter.
They took part in a Palm Sunday procession last Sunday, and Bishop Ngang'a will be preaching at Holy Trinity Church, Meldreth on Easter Sunday at 9.45am.
Reverend Andrew O'Brien, of Holy Trinity Church, said: "The Meldreth and Melbourn parishes have a link with the diocese, Link Murang'a, and raise money for various projects in Africa.
You may also want to watch:
"Because of this a team visited Africa recently to help build a water tank. Bishop Isaac and his wife have already visited Meldreth and Melbourn Primary schools, and have an exciting number of events planned whilst they are in England," he said.
The Bishop was joined in the parade by a number of parishioners and a donkey, Noah. They walked from the village hall to the church, handing out palm crosses along the way.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm