Kenyan Bishop Joins Parade
A KENYAN bishop has been visiting Crow country this week. Bishop Isaac Ngang a and his wife, Annie, have been staying in Meldreth in the run up to Easter. They took part in a Palm Sunday procession last Sunday, and Bishop Ngang a will be preaching at H
A KENYAN bishop has been visiting Crow country this week.
Bishop Isaac Ngang'a and his wife, Annie, have been staying in Meldreth in the run up to Easter.
They took part in a Palm Sunday procession last Sunday, and Bishop Ngang'a will be preaching at Holy Trinity Church, Meldreth on Easter Sunday at 9.45am.
Reverend Andrew O'Brien, of Holy Trinity Church, said: "The Meldreth and Melbourn parishes have a link with the diocese, Link Murang'a, and raise money for various projects in Africa.
You may also want to watch:
"Because of this a team visited Africa recently to help build a water tank. Bishop Isaac and his wife have already visited Meldreth and Melbourn Primary schools, and have an exciting number of events planned whilst they are in England," he said.
The Bishop was joined in the parade by a number of parishioners and a donkey, Noah. They walked from the village hall to the church, handing out palm crosses along the way.
- 1 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 County 'extremely grateful' for chief fire officer's 30-year service