Kenyan Bishop Joins Parade
A KENYAN bishop has been visiting Crow country this week. Bishop Isaac Ngang a and his wife, Annie, have been staying in Meldreth in the run up to Easter. They took part in a Palm Sunday procession last Sunday, and Bishop Ngang a will be preaching at H
A KENYAN bishop has been visiting Crow country this week.
Bishop Isaac Ngang'a and his wife, Annie, have been staying in Meldreth in the run up to Easter.
They took part in a Palm Sunday procession last Sunday, and Bishop Ngang'a will be preaching at Holy Trinity Church, Meldreth on Easter Sunday at 9.45am.
Reverend Andrew O'Brien, of Holy Trinity Church, said: "The Meldreth and Melbourn parishes have a link with the diocese, Link Murang'a, and raise money for various projects in Africa.
You may also want to watch:
"Because of this a team visited Africa recently to help build a water tank. Bishop Isaac and his wife have already visited Meldreth and Melbourn Primary schools, and have an exciting number of events planned whilst they are in England," he said.
The Bishop was joined in the parade by a number of parishioners and a donkey, Noah. They walked from the village hall to the church, handing out palm crosses along the way.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash