Kenyan Bishop Joins Parade
A KENYAN bishop has been visiting Crow country this week. Bishop Isaac Ngang a and his wife, Annie, have been staying in Meldreth in the run up to Easter. They took part in a Palm Sunday procession last Sunday, and Bishop Ngang a will be preaching at H
A KENYAN bishop has been visiting Crow country this week.
Bishop Isaac Ngang'a and his wife, Annie, have been staying in Meldreth in the run up to Easter.
They took part in a Palm Sunday procession last Sunday, and Bishop Ngang'a will be preaching at Holy Trinity Church, Meldreth on Easter Sunday at 9.45am.
Reverend Andrew O'Brien, of Holy Trinity Church, said: "The Meldreth and Melbourn parishes have a link with the diocese, Link Murang'a, and raise money for various projects in Africa.
You may also want to watch:
"Because of this a team visited Africa recently to help build a water tank. Bishop Isaac and his wife have already visited Meldreth and Melbourn Primary schools, and have an exciting number of events planned whilst they are in England," he said.
The Bishop was joined in the parade by a number of parishioners and a donkey, Noah. They walked from the village hall to the church, handing out palm crosses along the way.
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire