Kenia is proving she has flower power with her new Royston shop
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a new flower shop in Royston has spoken of the warm reception she has received since opening her doors in the town a week ago.
Florist Kenia Hatfield welcomed customers to her new shop September Flowers in Jepps Courtyard on Thursday and said the interest of multiple visitors passing by was a reassuring sign of things to come.
The 33-year-old said: “So far I have had a great response in Royston. People have been so nice and welcoming.”
Kenia, who originally hails from the Dominican Republic, previously ran her flower business from her home, and mainly sold to family and friends.
She said: “I have always been passionate about flowers and dreamed of having my own shop.
“I wanted to feel more in contact with customers and have that nice interaction with them.”
She decided to name her business September Flowers as both of her sons were born in that month.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 9 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 10 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
She said: “I struggled to find a nice unusual name for the shop, until one day I thought it would be nice to mix my work with my family.”
The modern and stylish shop will stock a range of good quality fresh flowers and gifts, cards, plants, and ornaments.
A launch night will be held next Thursday, December 3, between 5pm and 7.30pm.
There will also be fun activities held in the shop to get guests into the festive spirit, with workshops such as wreath making to be held on Friday, December 4, from 5pm until 7pm.
There will also be a Christmas table centrepiece workshop held on Sunday, December 20, between 10am and 12pm.
All materials will be provided for both of the workshops and spaces are limited.
It will be advance bookings only, and each of the workshops will cost £40 per person.
People can pay by cheque or card. To book, call 01763 241211 or alternatively pop in to the shop in Jepps Courtyard, Jepps Lane.
To find out more about Kenia’s Royston based flower business, search for September Flowers on Facebook or visit www.septemberflowers.co.uk.