Kenia is proving she has flower power with her new Royston shop
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a new flower shop in Royston has spoken of the warm reception she has received since opening her doors in the town a week ago.
Florist Kenia Hatfield welcomed customers to her new shop September Flowers in Jepps Courtyard on Thursday and said the interest of multiple visitors passing by was a reassuring sign of things to come.
The 33-year-old said: “So far I have had a great response in Royston. People have been so nice and welcoming.”
Kenia, who originally hails from the Dominican Republic, previously ran her flower business from her home, and mainly sold to family and friends.
She said: “I have always been passionate about flowers and dreamed of having my own shop.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to feel more in contact with customers and have that nice interaction with them.”
She decided to name her business September Flowers as both of her sons were born in that month.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 7 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
She said: “I struggled to find a nice unusual name for the shop, until one day I thought it would be nice to mix my work with my family.”
The modern and stylish shop will stock a range of good quality fresh flowers and gifts, cards, plants, and ornaments.
A launch night will be held next Thursday, December 3, between 5pm and 7.30pm.
There will also be fun activities held in the shop to get guests into the festive spirit, with workshops such as wreath making to be held on Friday, December 4, from 5pm until 7pm.
There will also be a Christmas table centrepiece workshop held on Sunday, December 20, between 10am and 12pm.
All materials will be provided for both of the workshops and spaces are limited.
It will be advance bookings only, and each of the workshops will cost £40 per person.
People can pay by cheque or card. To book, call 01763 241211 or alternatively pop in to the shop in Jepps Courtyard, Jepps Lane.
To find out more about Kenia’s Royston based flower business, search for September Flowers on Facebook or visit www.septemberflowers.co.uk.