Keep an eye out for missing tortoise
A WOMAN is hoping for the return of her pet tortoise which has gone missing and is appealing to the public to keep their eyes peeled. Gaynor Hayde, of Great Chishill, last saw her 12-year-old tortoise, Hermann, in her green house where he lived, however,
A WOMAN is hoping for the return of her pet tortoise which has gone missing and is appealing to the public to keep their eyes peeled.
Gaynor Hayde, of Great Chishill, last saw her 12-year-old tortoise, Hermann, in her green house where he lived, however, a pane of glass got smashed and he escaped through a hole.
Mrs Hayde has called veterinary surgeries and has put up notices up but no one has heard anything.
She said: "Tortoises just keep walking especially when the sun is out. They have no sense of direction or smell.
You may also want to watch:
"And as autumn is upon us Hermann will be looking for a suitable place to hibernate for the winter.
"He will probably find food because there are lots of things in the wild and they don't require a lot of liquid. But if it turns frosty it could be another matter.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
"I have had him for 10 years and I have grown very attached to him. He has quite a character.
"I'm worried someone has found him and thought he was valuable."
Hermann weighs 1kg and is chipped.
"If anyone finds a tortoise please take it to a veterinary surgery because he could be traced back to me," Mrs Hayde said.
If anyone finds Hermann call Gaynor on 01763 838529.