Kate gears up for bike challenge
A WOMAN from Litlington has said she is “terrified” by the prospect of a motorbike challenge she is undertaking for charity.
Kate Tojeiro, 41, is to ride the Enduro Challenge in September, which is a three-day, off-road journey across the Pyrenees – 14 years after she last rode a bike.
Mrs Tojeiro said: “If someone had told me last year that I would be taking part in an off road motorbike endurance challenge across the rugged terrain of the Pyrenees I would have laughed.
“I am terrified by the prospect, but at the same time very excited. I passed my bike test 14 years ago and haven’t been on a bike since.”
Mrs Tojeiro will be joined on the journey by her husband Robin, and fellow Litlington resident and bike enthusiast Gary Faillettaz.
She is being coached by Donna Gray, a former British Ladies Enduro Challenge Champion, which has helped calm her nerves.
“And having an Enduro British champion of Donna Gray’s calibre to train me is just incredible, if not a little daunting,” she said.
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 3 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 10 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
“Donna is very much at the top of her game and has generously agreed to give me, at the bottom of my game, some training. I’m very excited, bit nervous and feeling very privileged.”
Mrs Tojeiro is aiming to raise �5,000 for Kids Co and Great Ormond Street Hospital, where her daughter Tabby was admitted to in 2005.
“It’s a charity we’ve always wanted to support since Tabby was there,” she said.
“I also greatly respect Kids Company, a charity that supports exceptionally traumatised and vulnerable young. We will divide all donations equally between the two charities.”
Her progress can be followed at endurochallenge.blogspot.com and donations are welcome at www.justgiving.com/Kate-Tojeiro.