Just lending a hand, but volunteers make such a difference to so many in Royston and district
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham puts the spotlight on community involvement
As 2014 comes to a close it is good to reflect on the highlights of the year.
Here at the Volunteer Centre we are privileged to work with a wide range of volunteer-involving organisations and volunteers who provide the highlights in the lives of so many local people.
These shining stars work so hard, often behind the scenes, to make the lives of others better – and some will still be volunteering on Christmas Day to brighten someone else’s festive season.
These willing helpers seldom look for recognition and often see themselves as ‘just helping out’ or ‘lending a hand’.
You may also want to watch:
However, they are very special people, and I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to the wonderful volunteers across Royston and district – we look forward to supporting you and working with your organisations next year.
There are endless quotes floating around that are tailored towards volunteer appreciation. My favourite is: “Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something”.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 9 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
So why not make a new year resolution that will really count?
Find out how you can get involved – whatever your age, interests or spare time, there are hundreds of ways you can help.
We reopen on January 6 so we would love to hear from you then or, in the meantime, why not browse our volunteering opportunities on www.do-it.org.
If you register your interest online over the holiday break, we will contact you in the new year.
You can email the centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk