Just lending a hand, but volunteers make such a difference to so many in Royston and district
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham puts the spotlight on community involvement
As 2014 comes to a close it is good to reflect on the highlights of the year.
Here at the Volunteer Centre we are privileged to work with a wide range of volunteer-involving organisations and volunteers who provide the highlights in the lives of so many local people.
These shining stars work so hard, often behind the scenes, to make the lives of others better – and some will still be volunteering on Christmas Day to brighten someone else’s festive season.
These willing helpers seldom look for recognition and often see themselves as ‘just helping out’ or ‘lending a hand’.
You may also want to watch:
However, they are very special people, and I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to the wonderful volunteers across Royston and district – we look forward to supporting you and working with your organisations next year.
There are endless quotes floating around that are tailored towards volunteer appreciation. My favourite is: “Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something”.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
So why not make a new year resolution that will really count?
Find out how you can get involved – whatever your age, interests or spare time, there are hundreds of ways you can help.
We reopen on January 6 so we would love to hear from you then or, in the meantime, why not browse our volunteering opportunities on www.do-it.org.
If you register your interest online over the holiday break, we will contact you in the new year.
You can email the centre at email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk