Jump to it for charity equestrian event at Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre
A LONG-RUNNING charity equestrian show will be jumping into Meldreth again this weekend. The 14th annual indoor show jumping event will be held at Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre, in Fenny Lane, on Sunday. Proceeds from the show, which is organised by Vi
A LONG-RUNNING charity equestrian show will be jumping into Meldreth again this weekend.
The 14th annual indoor show jumping event will be held at Meldreth Manor Equestrian Centre, in Fenny Lane, on Sunday.
Proceeds from the show, which is organised by Vivien and Graham Bruce, go towards Bourn Village Church.
Mrs Bruce came up with the idea for the show when she moved to Bourn from the North East of England 15 years ago.
A seasoned event organiser, she noticed that although there were a lot of good high class shows in the area, only a small number of them were suitable for very young and inexperienced riders.
She said: "We decided to hold a show which catered mainly for them and held classes such as lead rein, 12 years and under, and beginners bounce.
- 1 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 2 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 6 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker
"The format proved very successful, and the rest, as they say, is history."
The show is now in its 14th year, and has raised more than �8,500 for the church.
It begins at 9.30am on Sunday, with different classes taking place throughout the day, culminating in a last "winner takes all" class with a �20 prize.
For more information, call Mrs Bruce on 01954 718221.