Juliet on the run for Leukaemia charity
AFTER seeing the effects of Leukaemia first hand, Juliet Williams is determined to raise cash to help treat the disease. Juliet, 37, of Roan Walk, Royston, will be taking part in the Virgin London marathon on behalf of Children with Leukaemia, a charity wh
AFTER seeing the effects of Leukaemia first hand, Juliet Williams is determined to raise cash to help treat the disease.
Juliet, 37, of Roan Walk, Royston, will be taking part in the Virgin London marathon on behalf of Children with Leukaemia, a charity which researches new treatments of the devastating disease.
Mum of two Juliet said: "I had leukaemia as a child, so I know what an awful disease it is. And I worked in the cancer unit at Addenbrooke's hospital with some of their younger patients.
"So when I was given the place in the marathon I decided to run for Children with Leukaemia, it's a charity I've wanted to make a contribution to for a long while," she said.
You may also want to watch:
As someone who runs regularly with the Royston Runners, Juliet is well aware of the training she has to undertake ahead of the marathon in April.
She said: "I go out with the runners every Saturday anyway, but the most I've done so far is 10 or 11 miles, so I need to up the pace of my training in the next few weeks.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
"I'm really looking forward to the marathon though."
To sponsor Juliet, visit http://tinyurl.com/jaw2010LM.