Juliet on the run for Leukaemia charity
AFTER seeing the effects of Leukaemia first hand, Juliet Williams is determined to raise cash to help treat the disease. Juliet, 37, of Roan Walk, Royston, will be taking part in the Virgin London marathon on behalf of Children with Leukaemia, a charity wh
AFTER seeing the effects of Leukaemia first hand, Juliet Williams is determined to raise cash to help treat the disease.
Juliet, 37, of Roan Walk, Royston, will be taking part in the Virgin London marathon on behalf of Children with Leukaemia, a charity which researches new treatments of the devastating disease.
Mum of two Juliet said: "I had leukaemia as a child, so I know what an awful disease it is. And I worked in the cancer unit at Addenbrooke's hospital with some of their younger patients.
"So when I was given the place in the marathon I decided to run for Children with Leukaemia, it's a charity I've wanted to make a contribution to for a long while," she said.
As someone who runs regularly with the Royston Runners, Juliet is well aware of the training she has to undertake ahead of the marathon in April.
She said: "I go out with the runners every Saturday anyway, but the most I've done so far is 10 or 11 miles, so I need to up the pace of my training in the next few weeks.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
"I'm really looking forward to the marathon though."
To sponsor Juliet, visit http://tinyurl.com/jaw2010LM.