Juliet on the run for Leukaemia charity
AFTER seeing the effects of Leukaemia first hand, Juliet Williams is determined to raise cash to help treat the disease. Juliet, 37, of Roan Walk, Royston, will be taking part in the Virgin London marathon on behalf of Children with Leukaemia, a charity wh
AFTER seeing the effects of Leukaemia first hand, Juliet Williams is determined to raise cash to help treat the disease.
Juliet, 37, of Roan Walk, Royston, will be taking part in the Virgin London marathon on behalf of Children with Leukaemia, a charity which researches new treatments of the devastating disease.
Mum of two Juliet said: "I had leukaemia as a child, so I know what an awful disease it is. And I worked in the cancer unit at Addenbrooke's hospital with some of their younger patients.
"So when I was given the place in the marathon I decided to run for Children with Leukaemia, it's a charity I've wanted to make a contribution to for a long while," she said.
You may also want to watch:
As someone who runs regularly with the Royston Runners, Juliet is well aware of the training she has to undertake ahead of the marathon in April.
She said: "I go out with the runners every Saturday anyway, but the most I've done so far is 10 or 11 miles, so I need to up the pace of my training in the next few weeks.
- 1 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
"I'm really looking forward to the marathon though."
To sponsor Juliet, visit http://tinyurl.com/jaw2010LM.