Judith faces marathon challenge for a friend
A MARATHON challenge awaits one woman who is putting her best foot forward to raise money for a charity close to her heart. Judith Stringer will be running this year s Flora London Marathon in aid of MSRC, a charity which helps people with MS, such as her
A MARATHON challenge awaits one woman who is putting her best foot forward to raise money for a charity close to her heart.
Judith Stringer will be running this year's Flora London Marathon in aid of MSRC, a charity which helps people with MS, such as her best friend, Karen Webb from Meldreth.
Judith, from Harlton, said: "I have started training and have already completed the half-marathon at Grunty Fen.
"I'm upping the distance by a mile a week and I am taking part in the Silverstone half-marathon next month."
Judith, who has four children, needs to raise £1,500 for her charity place in the London Marathon.
The money will go to MSRC, Multiple Scle-rosis Resource Centre, which is an organ-isation that helps people with MS and offers a 24 hour counselling service and advice.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
Karen, of Gables Close in Meldreth, said: "I am really proud of Judith and I admire her.
"I'd like to be able to do the marathon with her."
Judith said: "This is for such a good cause.
"Running the London Marathon is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am really looking forward to it."
MS is a neurological condition that affects the central nervous system.
About 85,000 people in the UK have MS and it is most common in young people and women.
# To find out more information about MSRC visit the website at www.msrc.co.uk or call 0800 783 0518.
# To sponsor Judith in the 2008 Flora London Marathon visit www.justgiving.com/judithstringer