Judith faces marathon challenge for a friend
A MARATHON challenge awaits one woman who is putting her best foot forward to raise money for a charity close to her heart. Judith Stringer will be running this year s Flora London Marathon in aid of MSRC, a charity which helps people with MS, such as her
A MARATHON challenge awaits one woman who is putting her best foot forward to raise money for a charity close to her heart.
Judith Stringer will be running this year's Flora London Marathon in aid of MSRC, a charity which helps people with MS, such as her best friend, Karen Webb from Meldreth.
Judith, from Harlton, said: "I have started training and have already completed the half-marathon at Grunty Fen.
"I'm upping the distance by a mile a week and I am taking part in the Silverstone half-marathon next month."
You may also want to watch:
Judith, who has four children, needs to raise £1,500 for her charity place in the London Marathon.
The money will go to MSRC, Multiple Scle-rosis Resource Centre, which is an organ-isation that helps people with MS and offers a 24 hour counselling service and advice.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
Karen, of Gables Close in Meldreth, said: "I am really proud of Judith and I admire her.
"I'd like to be able to do the marathon with her."
Judith said: "This is for such a good cause.
"Running the London Marathon is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am really looking forward to it."
MS is a neurological condition that affects the central nervous system.
About 85,000 people in the UK have MS and it is most common in young people and women.
# To find out more information about MSRC visit the website at www.msrc.co.uk or call 0800 783 0518.
# To sponsor Judith in the 2008 Flora London Marathon visit www.justgiving.com/judithstringer