Joy as Arts festival gets the go-ahead
ROYSTON arts festival WILL go ahead in 2010 after a glut of new volunteers came forward to run the event. It had been feared the 2010 festival would have to be cancelled due to a lack of man power, with many members of the previous management committee ha
ROYSTON arts festival WILL go ahead in 2010 after a glut of new volunteers came forward to run the event.
It had been feared the 2010 festival would have to be cancelled due to a lack of man power, with many members of the previous management committee having had to step down.
However, after an appeal for help in The Crow last month, a new management committee has been formed and will get down to the serious business of planning the three-day event.
Graham Palmer, chairman of the management committee, said: "We have a very enthusiastic team in place with a wide range of skill sets.
You may also want to watch:
"Already 2010 looks set to be a landmark year for the festival. We still need more people to help organise events and work as assistants before and during the festival but we have big plans, it's a case of watch this space," he said.
A ten-strong committee has been formed to work on the programme for this year's festival, which will run from September 23 - 26.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 8 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
For more information, visit www.roystonartsfest.org.