Joust in time
THE Knights of the Damned proved the highlight of this year s Ashwell Show. More than 8,000 people visited the show on Bank Holiday Monday at Elbrook Meadows. Organising secretary Christine Schwicz said: We had an absolutely bumper crowd. The highlight
THE Knights of the Damned proved the highlight of this year's Ashwell Show.
More than 8,000 people visited the show on Bank Holiday Monday at Elbrook Meadows.
Organising secretary Christine Schwicz said: "We had an absolutely bumper crowd.
"The highlight was without a doubt the Knights of the Damned, everyone loved them.
"The weather was perfect and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves."
The Knights of the Damned were led by stuntman Justin Pearson, who has appeared in a number of films including Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix and The Da Vinci Code.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
Organising committee chairman Peter Long said: "We hadn't had the jousting before and the crowd were five-deep around the ring, it was very popular.
"It was possibly the best show we have ever had, it was a packed crowd."
Although the figure raised at this years show is yet to be calculated, more than £250,000 has been raised since the show began more than 75 years ago.