Joust in time
THE Knights of the Damned proved the highlight of this year s Ashwell Show. More than 8,000 people visited the show on Bank Holiday Monday at Elbrook Meadows. Organising secretary Christine Schwicz said: We had an absolutely bumper crowd. The highlight
THE Knights of the Damned proved the highlight of this year's Ashwell Show.
More than 8,000 people visited the show on Bank Holiday Monday at Elbrook Meadows.
Organising secretary Christine Schwicz said: "We had an absolutely bumper crowd.
"The highlight was without a doubt the Knights of the Damned, everyone loved them.
You may also want to watch:
"The weather was perfect and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves."
The Knights of the Damned were led by stuntman Justin Pearson, who has appeared in a number of films including Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix and The Da Vinci Code.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Organising committee chairman Peter Long said: "We hadn't had the jousting before and the crowd were five-deep around the ring, it was very popular.
"It was possibly the best show we have ever had, it was a packed crowd."
Although the figure raised at this years show is yet to be calculated, more than £250,000 has been raised since the show began more than 75 years ago.