When is Jonnie Peacock in action at Tokyo 2020 Paralympics?
- Credit: PA
Sprinter Jonnie Peacock is going for a third gold medal in as many Paralympic Games after being named as a late inclusion for Tokyo.
The 28-year-old Shepreth star won gold at London 2012 and Rio 2016 in the T44 100m, but he has played down his chances of another title and believes Germany pair Felix Streng and Johannes Floors are the favourites.
"Felix and Johannes have been running extremely fast times over the past couple of years," Peacock told BBC Radio 5 Live.
"Felix is having the best season of his life and has run three-tenths of a second quicker than me this year.
"He is the favourite and should be the favourite because of the times he has run.
"He has an incredibly fast start and me and Johannes are top-end runners. The way I imagine it will go is he will get out first and it will be whether we can catch him over the last 40m.
"I know I had a slow start to the season but things are slowly lining up and I'm feeling in really good shape. The signs have been really positive and the confidence is building."
- 1 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
What events is Jonnie Peacock competing in?
Peacock will race in the T64 100m, an event that has been reclassified for Tokyo and now consists only of single below-the-knee amputees.
When is Jonnie Peacock in action?
All times BST
Sunday, August 29
T64 100m heats - 13:23 to 13:29
Monday, August 30
T64 100m final - 12:43