When is Jonnie Peacock in action at Tokyo 2020 Paralympics?
- Credit: PA
Sprinter Jonnie Peacock is going for a third gold medal in as many Paralympic Games after being named as a late inclusion for Tokyo.
The 28-year-old Shepreth star won gold at London 2012 and Rio 2016 in the T44 100m, but he has played down his chances of another title and believes Germany pair Felix Streng and Johannes Floors are the favourites.
"Felix and Johannes have been running extremely fast times over the past couple of years," Peacock told BBC Radio 5 Live.
"Felix is having the best season of his life and has run three-tenths of a second quicker than me this year.
"He is the favourite and should be the favourite because of the times he has run.
You may also want to watch:
"He has an incredibly fast start and me and Johannes are top-end runners. The way I imagine it will go is he will get out first and it will be whether we can catch him over the last 40m.
"I know I had a slow start to the season but things are slowly lining up and I'm feeling in really good shape. The signs have been really positive and the confidence is building."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
What events is Jonnie Peacock competing in?
Peacock will race in the T64 100m, an event that has been reclassified for Tokyo and now consists only of single below-the-knee amputees.
When is Jonnie Peacock in action?
All times BST
Sunday, August 29
T64 100m heats - 13:23 to 13:29
Monday, August 30
T64 100m final - 12:43