Join the team at Royston museum and help keep the past alive
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Have you been to Royston & District Museum and Art Gallery lately? On a visit to the King Street museum you can explore the history of the area and celebrate the wonderful stories of the town and its people from the Ice Age through to the 1950s.
To support the team of dedicated volunteers who take care of the running of the museum, new helpers who could do occasional morning or afternoon shifts on the reception/shop desk to cover for time off are urgently needed.
You would be providing information to visitors about what the museum has to offer, answering visitors’ questions to help make their visit as enjoyable as possible, recording the number of visitors that enter the museum, processing shop sales, using the till and answering the phone.
The time slots are mornings or afternoons on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays, when the museum is open to the public. Morning slots run from 10am to 1.30pm and afternoon slots are 1.30pm to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
You will receive support from the curator and will be invited to take part in social events that are arranged to thank volunteers. If you have time to spare on a flexible basis and can offer a warm, friendly welcome to visitors they would love to hear from you.
So if you want to make a difference in the local community and meet new people then contact us and we will put you in touch. The museum closes for a Christmas break on Saturday and re-opens on Saturday, January 2.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 The bells are back in town!
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk