Join the team at Royston museum and help keep the past alive
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Have you been to Royston & District Museum and Art Gallery lately? On a visit to the King Street museum you can explore the history of the area and celebrate the wonderful stories of the town and its people from the Ice Age through to the 1950s.
To support the team of dedicated volunteers who take care of the running of the museum, new helpers who could do occasional morning or afternoon shifts on the reception/shop desk to cover for time off are urgently needed.
You would be providing information to visitors about what the museum has to offer, answering visitors’ questions to help make their visit as enjoyable as possible, recording the number of visitors that enter the museum, processing shop sales, using the till and answering the phone.
The time slots are mornings or afternoons on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays, when the museum is open to the public. Morning slots run from 10am to 1.30pm and afternoon slots are 1.30pm to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
You will receive support from the curator and will be invited to take part in social events that are arranged to thank volunteers. If you have time to spare on a flexible basis and can offer a warm, friendly welcome to visitors they would love to hear from you.
So if you want to make a difference in the local community and meet new people then contact us and we will put you in touch. The museum closes for a Christmas break on Saturday and re-opens on Saturday, January 2.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk