Join the Royston Job Club if you want to improve your employment chances
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
If you are looking for a job but don’t have one at the moment, you certainly are not alone – and a club has been set up in Royston to offer you help and support.
The Royston Job Club meets in Royston Library on the last Wednesday of each month, except December, and offers free access to computers, assistance with job searching, help with the internet and advice on how you can gain experience and skills through volunteering.
You will also have the chance to meet new people and share your experiences.
The club is run by a Jobcentre Plus work coach and Royston & District Volunteer Centre staff and offers friendly, informal advice on a drop in basis between 1pm and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Thousands of people across Hertfordshire are gaining new skills by volunteering, helping to maintain self- confidence which is so important in times of redundancy and long term unemployment.
Many people who are currently without a job will become more employable with the club’s help, and we hope that they will continue volunteering in some way after they return to paid work.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online
Whether you want to develop your career, further your education, improve your confidence or just be more involved in your community, volunteering can help you gain the skills and experience you need.
So why not come along and meet us and find out more?
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk