‘Jo Cox would have delighted in opening a similar event’: South Cambs MP speaks of Melbourn Fete success
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Fete ‘made the community proud, with something for everyone’, says South Cambs MP Heidi Allen.
The event on Saturday was opened by the MP and featured music, classic cars, a raffle, food and bar.
There were also stalls, a tea shop and competitions, and everything from a Prosecco stand to egg throwing and prizes for home cooking and art.
Heidi said: “There was quite literally something for everyone.
“There was of course a sense of sadness as I know Jo Cox MP – who died last Thursday – would have delighted in opening a similar event in her constituency too.
You may also want to watch:
“Close communities are the linchpins of our society, through good times and bad.”
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'