‘Jo Cox would have delighted in opening a similar event’: South Cambs MP speaks of Melbourn Fete success
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Fete ‘made the community proud, with something for everyone’, says South Cambs MP Heidi Allen.
The event on Saturday was opened by the MP and featured music, classic cars, a raffle, food and bar.
There were also stalls, a tea shop and competitions, and everything from a Prosecco stand to egg throwing and prizes for home cooking and art.
Heidi said: “There was quite literally something for everyone.
“There was of course a sense of sadness as I know Jo Cox MP – who died last Thursday – would have delighted in opening a similar event in her constituency too.
“Close communities are the linchpins of our society, through good times and bad.”
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 3 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 4 Royston museum under new management
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
- 8 £800,000 artificial football pitch opens at Melbourn Village College
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston