‘Jo Cox would have delighted in opening a similar event’: South Cambs MP speaks of Melbourn Fete success
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Fete ‘made the community proud, with something for everyone’, says South Cambs MP Heidi Allen.
The event on Saturday was opened by the MP and featured music, classic cars, a raffle, food and bar.
There were also stalls, a tea shop and competitions, and everything from a Prosecco stand to egg throwing and prizes for home cooking and art.
Heidi said: “There was quite literally something for everyone.
“There was of course a sense of sadness as I know Jo Cox MP – who died last Thursday – would have delighted in opening a similar event in her constituency too.
You may also want to watch:
“Close communities are the linchpins of our society, through good times and bad.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'