Jewellery burglar targets pensioner
AN 80-year-old pensioner was the victim of a distraction burglary at Shepreth on Monday. The woman saw a man in her garden at Meldreth Road, and when she went into her house she discovered that her belongings had been disturbed. Police believe that jewell
AN 80-year-old pensioner was the victim of a distraction burglary at Shepreth on Monday.
The woman saw a man in her garden at Meldreth Road, and when she went into her house she discovered that her belongings had been disturbed.
Police believe that jewellery may have been taken.
The man was described as being in his late teens to 20s, 5ft 5in with short blond hair, and wearing a blue, white and black chequered shirt.
A police spokesman said the woman had been left "shaken" by the incident.
- An elderly couple in Bassingbourn are warning residents about vandalism.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
The couple, who live in The Causeway, returned home to find a keyhole on their front door had been filled with glue.
The couple said they were concerned it could happen again, and wanted to warn residents.
The incident happened on Wednesday, August 2, between 11am and 1pm.
If you have any information call Cambridgeshire police on 0845 456 4564.