Jewellery burglar targets pensioner
AN 80-year-old pensioner was the victim of a distraction burglary at Shepreth on Monday. The woman saw a man in her garden at Meldreth Road, and when she went into her house she discovered that her belongings had been disturbed. Police believe that jewell
AN 80-year-old pensioner was the victim of a distraction burglary at Shepreth on Monday.
The woman saw a man in her garden at Meldreth Road, and when she went into her house she discovered that her belongings had been disturbed.
Police believe that jewellery may have been taken.
The man was described as being in his late teens to 20s, 5ft 5in with short blond hair, and wearing a blue, white and black chequered shirt.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the woman had been left "shaken" by the incident.
- An elderly couple in Bassingbourn are warning residents about vandalism.
- 1 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 Letchworth triumph over Royston in inaugural match
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
The couple, who live in The Causeway, returned home to find a keyhole on their front door had been filled with glue.
The couple said they were concerned it could happen again, and wanted to warn residents.
The incident happened on Wednesday, August 2, between 11am and 1pm.
If you have any information call Cambridgeshire police on 0845 456 4564.