Jewellery burglar targets pensioner
AN 80-year-old pensioner was the victim of a distraction burglary at Shepreth on Monday. The woman saw a man in her garden at Meldreth Road, and when she went into her house she discovered that her belongings had been disturbed. Police believe that jewell
AN 80-year-old pensioner was the victim of a distraction burglary at Shepreth on Monday.
The woman saw a man in her garden at Meldreth Road, and when she went into her house she discovered that her belongings had been disturbed.
Police believe that jewellery may have been taken.
The man was described as being in his late teens to 20s, 5ft 5in with short blond hair, and wearing a blue, white and black chequered shirt.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the woman had been left "shaken" by the incident.
- An elderly couple in Bassingbourn are warning residents about vandalism.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
The couple, who live in The Causeway, returned home to find a keyhole on their front door had been filled with glue.
The couple said they were concerned it could happen again, and wanted to warn residents.
The incident happened on Wednesday, August 2, between 11am and 1pm.
If you have any information call Cambridgeshire police on 0845 456 4564.