Jewellery burglar targets pensioner
AN 80-year-old pensioner was the victim of a distraction burglary at Shepreth on Monday. The woman saw a man in her garden at Meldreth Road, and when she went into her house she discovered that her belongings had been disturbed. Police believe that jewell
AN 80-year-old pensioner was the victim of a distraction burglary at Shepreth on Monday.
The woman saw a man in her garden at Meldreth Road, and when she went into her house she discovered that her belongings had been disturbed.
Police believe that jewellery may have been taken.
The man was described as being in his late teens to 20s, 5ft 5in with short blond hair, and wearing a blue, white and black chequered shirt.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the woman had been left "shaken" by the incident.
- An elderly couple in Bassingbourn are warning residents about vandalism.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
The couple, who live in The Causeway, returned home to find a keyhole on their front door had been filled with glue.
The couple said they were concerned it could happen again, and wanted to warn residents.
The incident happened on Wednesday, August 2, between 11am and 1pm.
If you have any information call Cambridgeshire police on 0845 456 4564.