Jedward date for singer Hayley
SINGER Hayley Faulkner proved she has the X-Factor during a tour in Ireland.
As reported in The Crow, Royston girl Hayley, 17, was invited to join top swing band The Jive Aces on a tour of Ireland.
Along the way she met up with X-Factor twins Jedward – John and Edward Grimes – and former Rolling Stone Bill Wyman.
Deborah Jackson, Hayley’s mum, said the spell on the Emerald Isle had been a “great experience.”
She said: “Hayley sang and played her double bass as a guest with the band to packed audiences, and had to be carried above one crowd to get on the stage for her songs.
You may also want to watch:
“She played at the Derry Jazz Festival, including playing at two huge Catholic primary schools and two live radio shows, and made the Irish newspapers.
“The Jive Aces are so proud of her and believe she has such natural talent that they have offered her loads of gigs as a platform to get herself known far and wide.
- 1 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 2 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 7 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Fabulous Foodies Festival is good to go at Cambridge this summer
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
“So she will be travelling up and down the country with them all summer doing festivals, theatres, and of course dances, which is a fantastic opportunity for a 17-year old.”
Jive Aces front man Ian Clarkson said: “Hayley is an amazing young talent. She can sing, dance, and play bass and is very confident and at ease on stage, and she very quickly learned her ‘stage manner’.
“She has a great future and we’re very glad to help her on her way.”
Hayley was the winner of last year’s Royston’s Got Talent contest, where she sang and played her double bass.
Since then she has quit a performing arts course at college to pursue her singing career, while also taking a dance course at Stage Right studios in Royston.
Before going to Ireland she was featured on BBC Radio London’s late show with Joanne Good, chatting to the presenter and playing live.
The following night she wowed audiences at the Pigalle Club in Piccadilly.
Tonight (Thursday) she will be performing at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage with the Jive Aces and Kenny Ball.
More information on Hayley’s career to date can be found on her website, www.lilmisshayley.co.uk