Jedward date for singer Hayley
SINGER Hayley Faulkner proved she has the X-Factor during a tour in Ireland.
As reported in The Crow, Royston girl Hayley, 17, was invited to join top swing band The Jive Aces on a tour of Ireland.
Along the way she met up with X-Factor twins Jedward – John and Edward Grimes – and former Rolling Stone Bill Wyman.
Deborah Jackson, Hayley’s mum, said the spell on the Emerald Isle had been a “great experience.”
She said: “Hayley sang and played her double bass as a guest with the band to packed audiences, and had to be carried above one crowd to get on the stage for her songs.
You may also want to watch:
“She played at the Derry Jazz Festival, including playing at two huge Catholic primary schools and two live radio shows, and made the Irish newspapers.
“The Jive Aces are so proud of her and believe she has such natural talent that they have offered her loads of gigs as a platform to get herself known far and wide.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
“So she will be travelling up and down the country with them all summer doing festivals, theatres, and of course dances, which is a fantastic opportunity for a 17-year old.”
Jive Aces front man Ian Clarkson said: “Hayley is an amazing young talent. She can sing, dance, and play bass and is very confident and at ease on stage, and she very quickly learned her ‘stage manner’.
“She has a great future and we’re very glad to help her on her way.”
Hayley was the winner of last year’s Royston’s Got Talent contest, where she sang and played her double bass.
Since then she has quit a performing arts course at college to pursue her singing career, while also taking a dance course at Stage Right studios in Royston.
Before going to Ireland she was featured on BBC Radio London’s late show with Joanne Good, chatting to the presenter and playing live.
The following night she wowed audiences at the Pigalle Club in Piccadilly.
Tonight (Thursday) she will be performing at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage with the Jive Aces and Kenny Ball.
More information on Hayley’s career to date can be found on her website, www.lilmisshayley.co.uk