Jane’s walking bonanza for Alzheimer’s charity smashes target
- Credit: Archant
A woman is overjoyed to have raised £1500 by walking the distance for charity.
Jane Brain, who lives in The Close in Royston, walked 50 miles in five days for an Alzheimer’s Charity that helped her mum Sue.
Sue was diagnosed with the disease five years ago, and Jane said despite her being in the early stages still, the changes in her have been ‘huge’.
She said: “She is no longer the strong confident that we grew up with. All we can do now is help mum to make sure she is safe and enjoys her life.”
Jane, who works at Howes Opticians in High Street did the walks to mark her 50th birthday.
You may also want to watch:
She raised further cash with a fundraising quiz night at the Pig and Abbot in Abington Pigotts.
To donate to Jane’s fundraiser, visit her JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/Jane-Brain.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images