Jane’s walking bonanza for Alzheimer’s charity smashes target
- Credit: Archant
A woman is overjoyed to have raised £1500 by walking the distance for charity.
Jane Brain, who lives in The Close in Royston, walked 50 miles in five days for an Alzheimer’s Charity that helped her mum Sue.
Sue was diagnosed with the disease five years ago, and Jane said despite her being in the early stages still, the changes in her have been ‘huge’.
She said: “She is no longer the strong confident that we grew up with. All we can do now is help mum to make sure she is safe and enjoys her life.”
Jane, who works at Howes Opticians in High Street did the walks to mark her 50th birthday.
You may also want to watch:
She raised further cash with a fundraising quiz night at the Pig and Abbot in Abington Pigotts.
To donate to Jane’s fundraiser, visit her JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/Jane-Brain.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event