Jane’s run in the park
FOURTEEN weeks of hard work for a Melbourn woman will culminate on Sunday when she takes part in her first half marathon.
Jane Leach, 42, will be participating in the Royal Parks Half Marathon, which encompasses four parks in the centre of London, in aid of Great Ormond Street children’s hospital.
Prior to beginning her training, the mum of two was, by her own admission, doing very little exercise.
She said: “I was fed up of my children watching television most of the time, so I decided to lead by example and enter the half marathon.
“I know a few families in the village who have used Great Ormond Street, and I know what a great job they do.”
You may also want to watch:
Following a strict training plan, Jane started off jogging for a minute each day, and has progressed to the point where she can maintain her pace for the duration of the half marathon.
“At first I felt like I was going to die, but you just have to have a good training programme and stick to it,” she said.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
And her efforts have inspired her daughters, Lucy, 13, and Katie, 11, to join in, and they will be entering the Pulse3K, which is the last three kilometres of the run.
“The girls trained with me during the summer holidays, and I think they already notice the benefits when playing netball at school,” said Jane.
To sponsor the trio, log on to www.justgiving.com/jane-leach13-1.