Jane’s run in the park
FOURTEEN weeks of hard work for a Melbourn woman will culminate on Sunday when she takes part in her first half marathon.
Jane Leach, 42, will be participating in the Royal Parks Half Marathon, which encompasses four parks in the centre of London, in aid of Great Ormond Street children’s hospital.
Prior to beginning her training, the mum of two was, by her own admission, doing very little exercise.
She said: “I was fed up of my children watching television most of the time, so I decided to lead by example and enter the half marathon.
“I know a few families in the village who have used Great Ormond Street, and I know what a great job they do.”
You may also want to watch:
Following a strict training plan, Jane started off jogging for a minute each day, and has progressed to the point where she can maintain her pace for the duration of the half marathon.
“At first I felt like I was going to die, but you just have to have a good training programme and stick to it,” she said.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
And her efforts have inspired her daughters, Lucy, 13, and Katie, 11, to join in, and they will be entering the Pulse3K, which is the last three kilometres of the run.
“The girls trained with me during the summer holidays, and I think they already notice the benefits when playing netball at school,” said Jane.
To sponsor the trio, log on to www.justgiving.com/jane-leach13-1.