‘It went really well’ – Sixth Melbourn Winter Flower Festival is bloomin’ success
- Credit: Clive Porter
The organiser of the Winter Flower Festival in Melbourn said it was a well-supported success.
The biannual event at All Saints’ Church is in its sixth year and was organised by Rosemary Gatward.
“It went really well,” she said.
“We had more than 20 arrangements. Many were white, some were colourful. Some were church-themed, some were really special, some were amusing, there was lots of variety.
“The weather was quite kind, the snowdrops in our churchyard came out and it looked pretty. The church looked lovely too – everyone worked together to put on this event.”
The festival has attracted flower arrangers from far and wide in the 12 years it has been running, and this year there were pieces from people in surrounding villages and from further afield like St Albans and Ely.
“We had a good turnout – the craft stalls were very popular and from the weekend we raised £2,000,” Rosemary added. “Thank you to everyone who came from far and wide to support the cause.”
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 6 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 10 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
Money raised from the festival will go towards the church.