‘It went really well’ – Sixth Melbourn Winter Flower Festival is bloomin’ success
- Credit: Clive Porter
The organiser of the Winter Flower Festival in Melbourn said it was a well-supported success.
The biannual event at All Saints’ Church is in its sixth year and was organised by Rosemary Gatward.
“It went really well,” she said.
“We had more than 20 arrangements. Many were white, some were colourful. Some were church-themed, some were really special, some were amusing, there was lots of variety.
“The weather was quite kind, the snowdrops in our churchyard came out and it looked pretty. The church looked lovely too – everyone worked together to put on this event.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival has attracted flower arrangers from far and wide in the 12 years it has been running, and this year there were pieces from people in surrounding villages and from further afield like St Albans and Ely.
“We had a good turnout – the craft stalls were very popular and from the weekend we raised £2,000,” Rosemary added. “Thank you to everyone who came from far and wide to support the cause.”
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
Money raised from the festival will go towards the church.