‘It went really well’ – Sixth Melbourn Winter Flower Festival is bloomin’ success
- Credit: Clive Porter
The organiser of the Winter Flower Festival in Melbourn said it was a well-supported success.
The biannual event at All Saints’ Church is in its sixth year and was organised by Rosemary Gatward.
“It went really well,” she said.
“We had more than 20 arrangements. Many were white, some were colourful. Some were church-themed, some were really special, some were amusing, there was lots of variety.
“The weather was quite kind, the snowdrops in our churchyard came out and it looked pretty. The church looked lovely too – everyone worked together to put on this event.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival has attracted flower arrangers from far and wide in the 12 years it has been running, and this year there were pieces from people in surrounding villages and from further afield like St Albans and Ely.
“We had a good turnout – the craft stalls were very popular and from the weekend we raised £2,000,” Rosemary added. “Thank you to everyone who came from far and wide to support the cause.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
Money raised from the festival will go towards the church.