‘It was such a pleasant surprise’ – Royston catering equipment firm recognised at industry awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Royston-based heavy catering equipment firm were thrilled to pick up a gong at an award ceremony.
Direct Kitchen Equipment, based in Lumen Road, were given the Heavy Equipment Sales 2016 accolade at the Catering Equipment Suppliers’ Association’s Heavy Equipment Forum.
The award recognises sales growth over the last 12 months and the deliverability of exceptional customer service.
The CESA’s Jocelyn Carr said: “The award judges looked for professionalism combined with sales and service excellence and the team at Direct Kitchen Equipment ticked every single box.”
Since its official launch at The Restaurant Show a year ago with Direct Tableware, the heavy equipment division has delivered successful food service projects and the launch of sister division Direct Kitchen Equipment has enabled Direct Tableware to offer a complete catering equipment solution to all of its new and existing customers.
You may also want to watch:
Looking to the future, the team plans to develop the business further within the next 12 months. By the end of 2016, they plan to open a new showroom and launch a new catalogue as well as a new mobile optimised website.
The firm’s delighted managing director Summit Mediratta said: “Receiving this award was such a pleasant surprise and is a great recognition of all the hard work that our team has put in – thanks to the team for all of their efforts!
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 7 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
“They have always been focussed on putting our customers first and working with our suppliers to provide a high standard of service.
“We can’t wait to continue building on these foundations to deliver more solutions to our customers. Thank you.”