‘It was such a pleasant surprise’ – Royston catering equipment firm recognised at industry awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Royston-based heavy catering equipment firm were thrilled to pick up a gong at an award ceremony.
Direct Kitchen Equipment, based in Lumen Road, were given the Heavy Equipment Sales 2016 accolade at the Catering Equipment Suppliers’ Association’s Heavy Equipment Forum.
The award recognises sales growth over the last 12 months and the deliverability of exceptional customer service.
The CESA’s Jocelyn Carr said: “The award judges looked for professionalism combined with sales and service excellence and the team at Direct Kitchen Equipment ticked every single box.”
Since its official launch at The Restaurant Show a year ago with Direct Tableware, the heavy equipment division has delivered successful food service projects and the launch of sister division Direct Kitchen Equipment has enabled Direct Tableware to offer a complete catering equipment solution to all of its new and existing customers.
You may also want to watch:
Looking to the future, the team plans to develop the business further within the next 12 months. By the end of 2016, they plan to open a new showroom and launch a new catalogue as well as a new mobile optimised website.
The firm’s delighted managing director Summit Mediratta said: “Receiving this award was such a pleasant surprise and is a great recognition of all the hard work that our team has put in – thanks to the team for all of their efforts!
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
“They have always been focussed on putting our customers first and working with our suppliers to provide a high standard of service.
“We can’t wait to continue building on these foundations to deliver more solutions to our customers. Thank you.”