‘It was stunning’ – Meridian School students perform Christmas concert at Royston’s parish church
- Credit: Clive Porter
Students at Meridian School hit all the right notes singing in the choir for a carol service at Royston’s parish church on Tuesday last week.
Singers from Year 9 to 13 at the school in Garden Walk performed in front of the packed St John the Baptist Church with the backdrop of an enormous Christmas tree – complete with 1,500 baubles and 6,000 lights to make it even more festive.
Acting headteacher Kim Horner said: “It was a superb performance.
“It was just stunning – and fantasic for us all to watch.
“All the students were really excited. They perform with such high quality and build on that each year.
“It made it feel like Christmas had truly begun.”
The service also included Bible readings.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
For more information on the church and their timetable of services and events go to www.roystonparishchurch.org.uk or call 01763 24637.