‘It was stunning’ – Meridian School students perform Christmas concert at Royston’s parish church
- Credit: Clive Porter
Students at Meridian School hit all the right notes singing in the choir for a carol service at Royston’s parish church on Tuesday last week.
Singers from Year 9 to 13 at the school in Garden Walk performed in front of the packed St John the Baptist Church with the backdrop of an enormous Christmas tree – complete with 1,500 baubles and 6,000 lights to make it even more festive.
Acting headteacher Kim Horner said: “It was a superb performance.
“It was just stunning – and fantasic for us all to watch.
“All the students were really excited. They perform with such high quality and build on that each year.
“It made it feel like Christmas had truly begun.”
The service also included Bible readings.
- 1 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 2 North East Herts MP declares 'loss of confidence' in PM
- 3 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 4 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 5 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 6 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 7 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 10 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
For more information on the church and their timetable of services and events go to www.roystonparishchurch.org.uk or call 01763 24637.