‘It was stunning’ – Meridian School students perform Christmas concert at Royston’s parish church
- Credit: Clive Porter
Students at Meridian School hit all the right notes singing in the choir for a carol service at Royston’s parish church on Tuesday last week.
Singers from Year 9 to 13 at the school in Garden Walk performed in front of the packed St John the Baptist Church with the backdrop of an enormous Christmas tree – complete with 1,500 baubles and 6,000 lights to make it even more festive.
Acting headteacher Kim Horner said: “It was a superb performance.
“It was just stunning – and fantasic for us all to watch.
“All the students were really excited. They perform with such high quality and build on that each year.
You may also want to watch:
“It made it feel like Christmas had truly begun.”
The service also included Bible readings.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
For more information on the church and their timetable of services and events go to www.roystonparishchurch.org.uk or call 01763 24637.