‘It was stunning’ – Meridian School students perform Christmas concert at Royston’s parish church
- Credit: Clive Porter
Students at Meridian School hit all the right notes singing in the choir for a carol service at Royston’s parish church on Tuesday last week.
Singers from Year 9 to 13 at the school in Garden Walk performed in front of the packed St John the Baptist Church with the backdrop of an enormous Christmas tree – complete with 1,500 baubles and 6,000 lights to make it even more festive.
Acting headteacher Kim Horner said: “It was a superb performance.
“It was just stunning – and fantasic for us all to watch.
“All the students were really excited. They perform with such high quality and build on that each year.
You may also want to watch:
“It made it feel like Christmas had truly begun.”
The service also included Bible readings.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
For more information on the church and their timetable of services and events go to www.roystonparishchurch.org.uk or call 01763 24637.