‘It was our busiest day ever’ – Royston babies group gets set for Christmas in cute costumes
- Credit: Archant
Little ones were in festive mood on Friday ahead of celebrating their first Christmas with proud mums and dads.
The Bumps and Babies group met up for the final time before the big day at the Old Bull Inn in Royston, with more than 20 youngsters and family members turning up.
Meriel de Veckey, who founded the drop-in group which runs every Friday between 10.30am and 12.30pm, said: “It was our busiest day ever and we had babies from three weeks old to one year olds.
“It’s a lovely relaxed drop-in group aimed at parents with babies up to one. There’s teas and coffees and biscuits for the adults, a chance for grown-up conversation and the babies can play and interact. Anyone in the area with a small baby (or expecting a baby) is welcome to join us – no need to book, they can just turn up.”
About setting up the group, she added: “We started about two years ago, when a local mum decided there weren’t enough activities for parents with small babies in Royston.
You may also want to watch:
“Initially we met in people’s homes for coffee and then in 2014 Ben and Beth at the Old Bull kindly offered us space in the pub for free. This means a lot to us as it allows us to keep the group free – we just ask for donations towards refreshments for those who can afford it.
“So we made a decorative plate at Glazed Creations with the footprints of some of our youngest members on it – it’s just a little thank you to the Old Bull for looking after us so generously.”
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm