‘It was like having dad with her all the time’: Daughter appeals to people of Royston to help find late father’s precious signet ring
- Credit: Archant
A 76-year-old Royston woman is distraught after a signet ring she’s worn everyday since her husband died went missing at the weekend.
President of Royston Golf Club Keith Bullard passed away back in 2002, and devoted wife Ann has worn his gold signet ring ever since.
She discovered to her horror that the ring had gone missing on Saturday, a day after she went shopping in Cambridge.
Daughter Julie Hourihan said: “Wearing the ring was like having dad with her all the time. She went to Cambridge on Friday and went shopping in Debenhams – we’ve looked everywhere and turned the place upside down.
“It’s of real sentimental value. It’s horrible and really sad.”
You may also want to watch:
The ring is gold, with the initials KJB written in italics on the front. Julie added: “Keith was popular around town, and if the description of the ring or its whereabouts jogs people’s memory – that would be really helpful. Royston is such a small place.”
Ann’s other daughter Lisa Crowley said: “Mum and dad were both very well known at Royston Golf Club. Whenever anyone mentions dad, it’s always followed by ‘he was such a lovely man and a true gentleman’. Dad worked at Sainsbury’s Buntingford as a night manager for more than 30 years.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
“Mum is still devoted to dad and is so upset at losing his ring.”
Anybody who locates the ring can contact the Royston Crow by email at email@example.com.