‘It was like having dad with her all the time’: Daughter appeals to people of Royston to help find late father’s precious signet ring
- Credit: Archant
A 76-year-old Royston woman is distraught after a signet ring she’s worn everyday since her husband died went missing at the weekend.
President of Royston Golf Club Keith Bullard passed away back in 2002, and devoted wife Ann has worn his gold signet ring ever since.
She discovered to her horror that the ring had gone missing on Saturday, a day after she went shopping in Cambridge.
Daughter Julie Hourihan said: “Wearing the ring was like having dad with her all the time. She went to Cambridge on Friday and went shopping in Debenhams – we’ve looked everywhere and turned the place upside down.
“It’s of real sentimental value. It’s horrible and really sad.”
You may also want to watch:
The ring is gold, with the initials KJB written in italics on the front. Julie added: “Keith was popular around town, and if the description of the ring or its whereabouts jogs people’s memory – that would be really helpful. Royston is such a small place.”
Ann’s other daughter Lisa Crowley said: “Mum and dad were both very well known at Royston Golf Club. Whenever anyone mentions dad, it’s always followed by ‘he was such a lovely man and a true gentleman’. Dad worked at Sainsbury’s Buntingford as a night manager for more than 30 years.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
“Mum is still devoted to dad and is so upset at losing his ring.”
Anybody who locates the ring can contact the Royston Crow by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.