‘It was an enjoyable day for everyone’ – Fowlmere and Thriplow Gardening Club has record number of entries in annual show
- Credit: Archant
Visitors were wowed by some blooming good displays on Saturday at the Fowlmere and Thriplow Gardening Club’s annual show.
Awards were given out by the rector of the villages’ churches Rev Angela Melaniphy at the event held in Fowlmere Village Hall.
The Royal Horticultural Society Banksian Medal – the show’s top award – was won by Jane Tring.
Other winners included Barry Jones, Joan Smith, and David Warboys.
The finale of the day was a lively auction of jams, cakes, flowers, fruits, and other garden produce.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Pinner is the show group co-ordinator and vice chair of the gardening club.
“We had a record number of entries and entrants which was great,” she said.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 9 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
“We had lots of visitors and some became new club members.”
“It was an enjoyable and happy day for everyone who came along and took part.”