‘It was an enjoyable day for everyone’ – Fowlmere and Thriplow Gardening Club has record number of entries in annual show
- Credit: Archant
Visitors were wowed by some blooming good displays on Saturday at the Fowlmere and Thriplow Gardening Club’s annual show.
Awards were given out by the rector of the villages’ churches Rev Angela Melaniphy at the event held in Fowlmere Village Hall.
The Royal Horticultural Society Banksian Medal – the show’s top award – was won by Jane Tring.
Other winners included Barry Jones, Joan Smith, and David Warboys.
The finale of the day was a lively auction of jams, cakes, flowers, fruits, and other garden produce.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Pinner is the show group co-ordinator and vice chair of the gardening club.
“We had a record number of entries and entrants which was great,” she said.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 7 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
“We had lots of visitors and some became new club members.”
“It was an enjoyable and happy day for everyone who came along and took part.”