‘It was an enjoyable day for everyone’ – Fowlmere and Thriplow Gardening Club has record number of entries in annual show
- Credit: Archant
Visitors were wowed by some blooming good displays on Saturday at the Fowlmere and Thriplow Gardening Club’s annual show.
Awards were given out by the rector of the villages’ churches Rev Angela Melaniphy at the event held in Fowlmere Village Hall.
The Royal Horticultural Society Banksian Medal – the show’s top award – was won by Jane Tring.
Other winners included Barry Jones, Joan Smith, and David Warboys.
The finale of the day was a lively auction of jams, cakes, flowers, fruits, and other garden produce.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Pinner is the show group co-ordinator and vice chair of the gardening club.
“We had a record number of entries and entrants which was great,” she said.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
“We had lots of visitors and some became new club members.”
“It was an enjoyable and happy day for everyone who came along and took part.”