‘It was a rattling success!’ – Pet rat charity event takes place in Meldreth
- Credit: Boo Newns
Pet rats were in the spotlight at the weekend with a rodent-focused charity event in Meldreth.
The National Pet Initiative event ran at the village hall and was attended by more than 100 people, who went along to talk rats with other owners, or to find out more about caring for the creatures.
Organiser Mary Giles, from Meldreth, said: “It was a rattling success!
“Feedback left by attendees showed that everyone had learned something from their visit, and 75 per cent loved the day so much they would come back to another and recommend it to their friends.
“It was non-stop in the cuddle corner, and those rats had a wonderful time meeting the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Mary said the demonstrations and Q&A session were particularly popular, with standing room only for some.
“The rats waiting at home for their owners to return were going to enjoy the purchases made from Rat Rations, and the NPI stall, along with treat toys made in the activities corner,” she added.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Cambs-based Xan Newns, seven, was over the moon and incredibly proud to discover his two rats Foxtrot and Tango had been placed second and and third in the show out of an entry of 20.
If you think you may be interested in keeping pet rats, see website www.nationalpi.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.