It’s your chance to check out Obama’s chopper of choice at Duxford’s American showcase
- Credit: U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sg
Visitors to The American Air Show which is being staged at Duxford over the Whitsun bank holiday weekend will be able to see iconic aircraft like the pilotless Boeing ScanEagle and a Bell-Boeing CV-22 Osprey helicopter, pictured above, which will form part of a static display.
The show, which is on the calendar for Saturday and Sunday, May 28 and 29, will include flying displays depicting Second World War bomber operations over the Pacific and during the Vietnam War, and will also feature contemporary displays by the Patrouille de France, the Red Arrows and the Eurofighter Typhoon.
Archive sound and film footage will allow visitors to get a feel of what it was like to be on station at 8th Air Force airfield in the early 1940s as the ground crew await the arrival of the last B-17 Flying Fortress to return from a mission.
The ScanEagle will be in the American Air Museum and visitors can chat to Boeing representatives about its technological capabilities.
Members of the 352d Special Operations Wing of the USAF, based at RAF Mildenhall, will also be there to talk about the Bell-Boeing CV-22 Osprey.
You may also want to watch:
The Osprey is used by the 352nd Special Operations Wing to execute long-range special operations missions.
It also stands ready to support the president of the United States and protect US allies anytime, anywhere.
All day tickets (8am to 6pm) are £28.50 for adults for one day and £42.50 for the two days, and must be booked in advance from www.iwm.org.uk.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire