It’s time for round two as opening weekend of panto is a Royston hit
- Credit: Archant
A record number of people turned up to watch the opening weekend of the Royston panto Aladdin.
Three groups of brownies and rainbows came to watch the show on Saturday afternoon and an intrepid group of brownies came on Friday evening too.
The children really enjoyed joining in with the requisite cheering, booing and singing.
Producer Ian Cowley said: “The cast and crew had a great time, and the audiences were brilliant – it was clear that those on stage were feeding off the audiences’ energy and really giving it everything.
“We’re hoping that we can sell the last tickets for this weekend’s performances to let as many people as possible see the show and experience the wonder of local pantomime.
“Saturday’s matinee has a handful of solo seats remaining, but we’ve got around 150 tickets left across the Friday and Saturday evening shows.”
As ever, tickets can be bought via the CADS website at www.cadsroyston.org.uk, over the phone on 07925 674967 or on the door. Tickets are priced at £10 for adults, and £7 for children and seniors.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 8 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 9 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told