It’s time for round two as opening weekend of panto is a Royston hit
- Credit: Archant
A record number of people turned up to watch the opening weekend of the Royston panto Aladdin.
Three groups of brownies and rainbows came to watch the show on Saturday afternoon and an intrepid group of brownies came on Friday evening too.
The children really enjoyed joining in with the requisite cheering, booing and singing.
Producer Ian Cowley said: “The cast and crew had a great time, and the audiences were brilliant – it was clear that those on stage were feeding off the audiences’ energy and really giving it everything.
“We’re hoping that we can sell the last tickets for this weekend’s performances to let as many people as possible see the show and experience the wonder of local pantomime.
You may also want to watch:
“Saturday’s matinee has a handful of solo seats remaining, but we’ve got around 150 tickets left across the Friday and Saturday evening shows.”
As ever, tickets can be bought via the CADS website at www.cadsroyston.org.uk, over the phone on 07925 674967 or on the door. Tickets are priced at £10 for adults, and £7 for children and seniors.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance