It’s time for round two as opening weekend of panto is a Royston hit
- Credit: Archant
A record number of people turned up to watch the opening weekend of the Royston panto Aladdin.
Three groups of brownies and rainbows came to watch the show on Saturday afternoon and an intrepid group of brownies came on Friday evening too.
The children really enjoyed joining in with the requisite cheering, booing and singing.
Producer Ian Cowley said: “The cast and crew had a great time, and the audiences were brilliant – it was clear that those on stage were feeding off the audiences’ energy and really giving it everything.
“We’re hoping that we can sell the last tickets for this weekend’s performances to let as many people as possible see the show and experience the wonder of local pantomime.
You may also want to watch:
“Saturday’s matinee has a handful of solo seats remaining, but we’ve got around 150 tickets left across the Friday and Saturday evening shows.”
As ever, tickets can be bought via the CADS website at www.cadsroyston.org.uk, over the phone on 07925 674967 or on the door. Tickets are priced at £10 for adults, and £7 for children and seniors.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob