It’s time for a Holy Night in Royston with a concert by candlelight
- Credit: Archant
What better way to get in the mood for Christmas than with a candlelight concert in the beautiful setting of St John the Baptist Church in Royston?
The Royston Choral Society event will feature traditional carols – accompanied by organ and brass – under the baton of new musical director Andrew O’Brien, who joined the group in September.
And there will be plenty of mulled wine and mince pies to make the event feel even more festive.
The choir’s Jenny Leitch said: “Andrew is a very talented young conductor. He’s making quite a difference to the way we perform.
“The audience will have the chance to join in with the well-known carols, and the choir will perform lesser known songs too.
You may also want to watch:
“With the taste of the mulled wine and the glow of the candlelight, the evening will stimulate your senses.”
Andrew took Heath Mount School Junior Choir to win BBC School Choir of the Year 2012, and one of his singing pupils won BBC Chorister of the Year 2013.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
The O Holy Night concert will be held on Saturday at 7.30pm. Full-price tickets are £12, with £9 concessions and schoolchildren paying only £1.
You can get them from Royston Library, choir members and at the door on the night. For more information about the choir, contact chairman Heather Howard by calling 01763 249058 or email her at email@example.com.